First Look: Guest Rooms at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

2 Likes

What is a duo studio? Is that like a tower studio at Riv?

2 Likes

I wasn’t so sure I was loving them, but that Grand Villa has me :heart_eyes:

Otherwise they are fine and depending on the points charts (have we seen those?) it might be something we would consider. It’s funny to see this pop up today because literally yesterday afternoon on my way home from work as I was listening to a podcast I was thinking that we as a family of four might like to try our hand at securing a VDH villa for a family go at DLR. I can’t believe bookings go live on 3/15! Why are they restricting it to phone call only?!?!?!?!?

4 Likes

Fernando just dropped me from the chat :flushed: :roll_eyes: Im trying to find out when the buy time starts. Cant find any info. Guess they don’t want my money​:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It looks like cash bookings only for the foreseeable future. No announcement on sales or points bookings yet. But it can’t be too far away.

1 Like

Ditto! Until you get to the 1/2 bedroom suites, I was like that’s a straight nope for me. I figured out they look like dorm rooms to me for the duo and studio. Like cheap Ikea dorm rooms.

1 Like

I am so excited about this! I love that little duo studio! I hope the points charts are not Riviera style, but they probably will be. Just deciding if I can buy some points there or not …

4 Likes

That 3 bdr is glorious!! I love the balconies and the double sided fireplace.

3 Likes

Saw on DVC fan that there are exactly TWO of those.

Well at least they aren’t making this as impossible to book as GCV :roll_eyes:

:blowfish:

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter. No one will be able to afford them in this economy.

1 Like

Fair but I am frustrated by the overwhelming number of studios vs 1BR and up.

It’s Poly all over again. Useless.

1 Like

Yes they need more of these. 3BRs are one thing, but there should be sufficient supply of 1- and 2BR. Do you know if they have any dedicated 2BRs by chance?

I have to go back and listen again, but I think they were 19 of them

Oh, I found the spot in the podcast exactly just now there are 19 one bedrooms and 20 two-bedrooms two grand villas. 250 deluxe studios and 38 duo studios

1 Like

20 2-bedrooms seems decent (Disneyland doesn’t seem to draw as many long-haul stays so I wouldn’t think they’d be as in demand). The lack of 1-bedrooms is disappointing.

1 Like

My kids were in awe of the 3BR and demanded we try to stay there once in our life. I told them to get good paying jobs as adults and we’ll talk :sweat_smile:

Curious, @Jeff_AZ with families of 6 like ours, we need at least a 2 BR, right? Or if the youngest kidlette is young enough, is a 1BR possible? I know next to nothing about DVC, but I keep thinking I should look into it since we aren’t stopping Disney vacations anytime soon. But 2BR accommodations are much more space than we usually do (at least for now). We do need at least 3 sleeping surfaces but a 1BR seems to have that…?

2 Likes

1BRs in WDW are either 4 or 5. I presume these 1BRs will be 5, but not confident in that. You can accommodate a 6th age 2 or under in a pack-n-play, but once they age out, you need a 2BR or two studios, unfortunately. I really wish they could fit in that 6th sleeper somewhere in the 1BR! It’s usually same occupancy as a Studio. So annoying.

Since we have ended up getting 2BRs, that is why we have started inviting along in-laws to take advantage of the extra space. As our kids get older we won’t do that anymore since they’ll want more room / own beds, etc. Plus it’s pretty expensive to bring chaperones, even with the economics of sharing the room. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Not pertaining to 1BR or 2BR but they did mention that the studios seem to be only accommodating 4 people, so that’s something too

1 Like

Darn. Looks like 6 is completely off the table.

2 Likes

yea but, the accommodations have nothing to do with how long I choose to stay, it’s how many people are in my party.

2 Likes

Well a party of 8 can fit in 2 studios, but if you’re staying longer, you might want a kitchen. I would usually not choose to get a kitchen if I was staying at DL for a 3-day trip, for example, but would get one for a 7-day trip to WDW.

1 Like