First Look: Guest Rooms at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

I understand your logic. And have a different perspective. In most places I can live without the kitchen (the only one I need is Boardwalk because there is no QS location that is Diane Allergy friendly). The reason we get a 2bdrm instead of multiple studios is for space. A studio is not a comfortable place to hang out in. The living room is.

1 Like

I agree with @dianelynn though

The kitchen is just one of the amenities we enjoy in the larger units.

Space to gather together without sitting on beds or needing to be in public spaces is realy a big one for me. And the laundry.

And for the points expenditure, the cost of two studios is silly when you compare to the cost of a 2BR where you get so much more in overall space. I’d rather bump up and feel really and truly at home (which I just don’t in a studio if it’s more than just me)

2 Likes

I can totally understand that perspective and I’m sure there are many who feel the same way. But I think there are enough people that feel the way I do that demand for 2BR at DL will be lower than at WDW on a relative basis.

Not sure if that means it will be easy vs. difficult to book (demand in DL is just super high to begin with), but it probably factors into their determination of the mix.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I was hoping there was some secret middle hack or option for families of 6. I could see us getting a 2BR when the kids are older, but we are certainly taking advantage in our travels now of the fact that they still like & want to share beds with each other. We did finally concede last year that we can’t ever get us into a standard 2 queen ever again even if we bring an air mattress for our own provided extra space. The baby just isn’t as much a baby to squeeze into a bed with any 2 other combination of people to make it work. Plus the air mattress then needs to be shuffled around to move around.

2 Likes