Fireworks Dessert Party Questions

We are planning a trip for early 2025 during a ‘lower’ crowd time (yeah, yeah, I know :D). I was looking at the fireworks dessert party as a more tolerable way of sticking around for the fireworks without having to jockey for a view. Our son will be newly four, is likely on the spectrum (pending eval) and probably very limited in his capacity to sit still for long. The dessert party is pricey, and we don’t drink, so access to beer/wine/etc is not of interest. I wouldn’t want to stay after fireworks, as he will be tired and I think it will be pushing it as is, but it was noted somewhere that if you do the pre-party, you will be having your snacks while other people are getting their seats in the viewing space.

So a couple of questions:

• Is the viewing space good enough that we won’t need to worry about not being first in to get our spots? Is it maybe worth doing the ‘after’ one so we can bypass some of the crowds exiting the parks?
  • Is there another alternative for viewing the fireworks? While our family does have access to DAS, we don’t use mobility devices. I wasn’t sure if there were any accommodations in that case.

Thank you!

1 Like

Another option would be the seated party- seats and treats or something like that. You would arrive before the show and stay at Tomorrowland Terrace at a table to watch.

Alternatively, my preferred method with my kids is staying back by the train station. There’s open space around you and the bonus of a quick exit to transportation out of the park before lines get long. This is especially key if you’re worried that fireworks is already pushing your luck with regards to bedtime

4 Likes

There is plenty of space in the reserved area. From what I have seen and experienced, 75% of the people want to cram into the front 25% of the space, leaving the rest very comfortable. I leaned against the back rail and DS7 had room to chase bubbles or whatever. We did the preparty at 6:30 and waited until about 7:45 to claim a spot for the 8:00 show.

4 Likes

This is the part that gives me pause. I wanted sooo desperately to watch MK fireworks with my kids and thought they would be amazed at them. My 4 year old looked at me half way through and asked when they would be over. He wanted to leave. We were crammed in the hub.

I had a dessert party booked but ended up cancelling bc of $$$, and at that moment, I was so glad I did. He was over it and was tired.

If you are doing the dessert party, I’d recommend trying for early on in your trip.

Do you know if your kid likes fireworks? Or is it too loud for them? If you don’t know how they feel about them, I’d go to the train station area, and watch from there in case you need to bolt when the fireworks start.

But also - I’d also consider other spots to watch. Behind the castle? Frontierland? Train station? You’d miss the projections but still hear the music and see fireworks.

I realize I didn’t actually answer your questions - applogies on that!!

3 Likes

Same except I got to the party at like 6:45. You don’t have to show up on time.

Also the back rail is a superior view imho because that part of the park inclines towards the castle and so the back rail is a higher point.

The seats and treats party is good but it’s not a straight on view

From grass

From seats and treats

4 Likes

This is why I cancelled my treats and seats and booked the pre-party. The view is off and you’re paying more for that. It’s not necessary to have a chair imho. And I agree with what others said. I come late to the dessert party. Sign in and get my wristband and maybe grab a quick snack. I could care less about the food and drinks too. Then I go ride something and come back right before the fireworks and hop in the back of the section where there is ample space to sit on the railing or on the ground. I will stand during the fireworks if I don’t have a great view sitting.

So I do personally love these because they allow me to maximize my time in the park without worrying about holding a spot for an hour and they aren’t shoulder to shoulder inside and the fake grass is nice for sitting on while you wait. I will do this every time for the peace of mind and good view and never ever for the drinks or sweets! LOL

3 Likes

Yes, you in no way need to be first in to get a good spot. Lots of space. You just won’t be on the front railing but who cares. There’s 100s of people in front of those people right on the other side of the railing so it really doesn’t make much difference. I have done the pre and the post party and I personally prefer the pre because the area is right next to the treats area. If you’re really worried about getting out of the park after you can always just hang out/back for a bit or go ride one last ride or stop off in a shop (not one on Main Street but in Tomorrowland perhaps).

I do not know about DAS seating for fireworks so I’d personally call and ask if it were me. The only options I’m aware of if you want to be in front of the castle (which I highly recommend as the thing that makes WDW fireworks leaps and bounds above everyone else’s are the projections on the castle that coordinate with the fireworks and music plus the special effects like Tinker Bell flying across the sky) would be the three paid options (pre/post party treat or treats and seats which has a sideways view and costs more so wouldn’t be my first choice) or standing on the pavement somewhere b/w Main Street and the Castle on your own.

*I will add if you did want to pop into another land for one last ride or store as the masses exit the park and you wanted that land to be Adventureland, Liberty Square or Frontierland I would opt for the post-party treats as that section is on that side the hub. But then you’d be skipping the desserts.

1 Like

We also leaned against the back rail. Plenty of room in the ‘grass area’. My kids were spinning in big circles 5 minutes before the show. I’ve booked the dessert party again because it helps relieve stress for me and DAS kiddo (I’m not a fan of the food). Asking him to stay in a spot to ‘hold’ it for more than ~7 minutes would not lead to anyone’s HEA

3 Likes

Yeah the food is bad. Except the cheese and grapes.

2 Likes

Just planning for my parents trip in September, can scooters be taken on to the grass? Dad won’t be able to stand ( or get up from the grass :wink:) so would need the seat. I’m targeting seats and treats, but nice to know if it’s a plan B.

1 Like

For the record, we enjoyed some of the treats. And the bottomless wine.

4 Likes

Yes. Scooters, wheelchairs, strollers, and people. It’s artificial grass in those viewing areas.

3 Likes

The food looks good. It’s not super fancy or worth the price of course, but we are paying for the low-stress viewing area and a place to relax after the fireworks with a snack. We have this reserved for next week.

2 Likes

In 2019, we did the dessert party with our then 4.5 year old and 2 year old. They loved the desserts and the fireworks show.

We were one of the last groups to leave the dessert part area for the garden plaza viewing area. There was plenty of room in the garden plaza area towards the back 25% of the garden. DW and I held our kids so they would have a better view.

My kids would have been miserable with the shoulder-to-shoulder situation in the hub without the dessert party garden area so DW and I were happy with the decision to pay for the dessert party. We viewed the cost of the dessert part as paying for watching from the garden plaza area (not the cost of food and beverage) . DW and I didn’t drink any alcohol or eat very much so from purely a food and beverage standpoint, it was not a good deal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My aunt uses an ECV and the last two trips we’ve been taken to a special section for wheelchairs and ECVs that is at the front of the viewing area. Tons of room in that section!

4 Likes

I have always wanted to try but I’ve been discouraged by the $$$$.

Question: Are guests reimbursed if fireworks are canceled?

1 Like

Technically, no. They say you’re paying for the desserts. Though you may be able to contact GR and see what they can do.

2 Likes

no, but the reservations are fully refundable until 24 hours in advance.

3 Likes

The food looks better than I remember and much less food coloring than what we had in the past. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

It must have changed. For the one I booked yesterday it says no refunds if cancelled within 7 days. :tired_face:

I think that fireworks are not cancelled very often… right?

1 Like