Fireworks Cruises

I’ve just booked a fireworks cruise out of the Contemporary to watch Enchantment. I would like to have desserts and drinks on the boat. Hopefully some of you with fireworks cruise experience can help answer a few questions. Private dining isn’t servicing the boats at this time, so I need to piece everything together myself.

First off, can we bring glass bottles onto the boats (wine, champagne, beer, etc.)? If not, how did you transport your alcohol?

Second, do we have to bring our own cups, plates, silverware, etc.?

Third, I’d really like to create a mini-dessert party. I’ve seen some reports of people getting beautiful charcuterie boards from ex-CMs, but I’m not sure if there are any doing dessert plates. Anyone know or have a recommendation?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes.

As for the other questions: paging @JuliaMc.

1 Like

I have one booked for February and was told specifically no glass bottles.

2 Likes

We did one back in October and it was amazing and I’m so glad I booked it. I was also told no glass bottles so we put rum and whiskey in separate empty water bottles and brought those in a cooler to mix with the soft drinks they had on board. They had ice and cups (though I think we brought some cups too because we weren’t sure). I think I had a few snacks that I brought but we mostly just ate all the chips, crackers and Rice Krispie treats that were set out on board. It was such a great time!

1 Like

I’ve done a few over the years and we’ve always had to pour our drinks into cups before boarding. I don’t know about bringing your own food on board as we couldn’t bring our own catering, just drinks from the bar (we left out of WL and went to GP beforehand).

1 Like

I did one in October and we had bottles of champagne.

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

We wanted to bring food and drinks on board and we had to go through their catering service, aside from the drinks we were drinking in hand from GP.

2 Likes

WAIT A MINUTE

I’m talking about hiring a private boat for a fireworks cruise. Are other people talking about a shared boat? Is that a thing?

1 Like

I was talking with Signature Services and they made it seem like it would be no big deal to bring our own food. Maybe that’s because Disney’s catering service isn’t serving the boats right now?

I’m talking about the boats for 10 people.

Yeah, but your ten people. Not ten randomers?

1 Like

I did the private one, but through Disney still, and that was pretty much the only instructions they gave me - “no glass bottles”. But I"ll keep my fingers crossed cause I really want bubbles!

1 Like

Yes, my 10.

I think pre-COVID you couldn’t bring your own food because they wanted you to use private dining. Since private dining isn’t available, I would expect it wouldn’t be an issue now.

There is a Facebook group, Ear for Each Other that has a lot of former CMs that do all kinds of food deliveries to property. I am sure you could find someone there.

1 Like

Well we definitely had champagne in glass bottles, albeit with plastic flutes.

2 Likes

Join request pending…

1 Like

That would be my guess. Everything is different now.

Regarding @sanstitre_has_left_the_building and his champagne bottles, I could see that being allowed since it’s multiple servings vs single serve beer bottles.

2 Likes

We had multiple bottles of champagne and wine (Something I still regret. Lol) in October.

Previously I have ordered champagne through Disney and it was on the boat when we arrived.

I SHOULD have planned food (see regrets above), but I don’t know, even planners have moments of stupidity!

I honestly don’t know the rules, but they didn’t say anything about all the wine and champagne!

Also? The snacks at Wilderness Lodge are better than Grand Floridian. (In the boats)

3 Likes

We’re currently booked out of the Contemporary, but I was told I can call back and switch to any resort. You recommend Wilderness Lodge?

1 Like