Fireworks are back July 1!

I was JUST thinking this. It doesn’t get dark early enough for fireworks and a 9PM close in the summer.

2 Likes

I actually did for a second there :wink:

1 Like

That’s the official sunset time in Orlando, correct?

So it is not really getting completely dark enough for fireworks till 9 PM?

2 Likes

Sunset does not equal dark though.

3 Likes

Yes. I don’t want to miss HEA. I know I’m biased, but I’m thinking a lot of people will be trying to hop to MK for it.

Sigh Forget everything I ever said about not RD’ing.

1 Like

Correct. It doesn’t get DARK until at least an hour after sunset.

If sunset is 8:30, 9:45 would be the earliest I would expect it start

2 Likes

Official sunset tonight in Baylake is 8:25… I was rounding :wink:

Just looking back to July 1, 2019 MK has a show at 9:15 with a 10 PM close while EPCOT had a show at 9 PM with a 9 PM close time

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar/date/2019-07-01

2 Likes

You can’t round in a situation like this. Minutes matter.

2 Likes

Yay!!! All fireworks will be back? Fantasmic too?

Not yet, but probably soon.

So far just HEA and Epcot Forever

1 Like

Since Fantasmic involves performers, I can see that coming back later. But the sooner the better.

1 Like

oh, maybe they do send them off before total darkness then? I’ve never been in summer, so I guess they’re ok with navy-blue background instead of black.

I can always round and we aren’t at the longest day yet, summer equinox … it’s June 20… this Sunday and after that days will grow shorter again. So… rounding… meh

2 Likes

They usually wait until it’s totally dark… in the past anyway

Ok I’ll allow it.

2 Likes

Civil twilight ends at 8:59 pm on July 1. And they start the fireworks typically later than that.

I think Civil twilight is dark enough, since the horizon is fairly blocked by surroundings, making it seem even darker than it actually is.

I’ve never heard this term before :thinking: Does it refer to the vampires w/ amber eyes?

5 Likes

It is when the vampires and werewolves play nicely together.

ETA: In seriousness…Civil Twilight is when there is still enough light to “see” without artificial light being required. (That’s not the technical definition, but the practical one.) Once Civil Twilight ends, you enter the next phase…at which point, to the average person, it is completely dark.

3 Likes

I want to heart this post so badly… Legitimately got me to LOL.

3 Likes