Fireworks are back July 1!

Due to staffing they will probably take a bit longer, but I’ll be holding out hope until the last minute! :crossed_fingers:

ETA - I’ve never done HEA without a dessert party and so dread staking out a spot for my party of 8.

I’m crossing my fingers for dessert parties. I really don’t want to camp out for a spot with my kids either. Please Disney just let me give you more money!

2 Likes

You could make a Big Brain Move and make a California Grill dinner reservation MONTHS in advance, anticipating this very change. Then you get a fantastic dinner AND an amazing view with a much much smaller “crowd”.

Of course, that’s just on one night. You can totally see it from in park on the other nights you have MK booked :wink:

4 Likes

We were able to make several days without RD work, and in some cases the RD days just didn’t pan out at all whereas the non RD days occasionally had some good luck. Not sure it will last, but since a lot of people are doing rope drop, there is a lull in lines in the late afternoon and evening. You might have to wait in a few lines, but usually there are enough attractions that are walk-on or short waits that you can keep yourself busy until the shorter lines in the evening.

4 Likes

It’s the headliners that I’m most worried about. We are thrill seekers!!

1 Like

It depends on the park, but there are strategies to still hit these later in the day. For example, we were able to sleep in an extra 2 hours and still ride FoP in the afternoon for about a 50 minute wait. Most of the other waits were 10-20 minutes still by the time we got to the park around 9am (Dinosaur, EE, KRR, etc.). To me it was worth sleeping in but still having to wait in a longer line later. I know some people would disagree.

Here were our wait times (note DINOSAUR was walk-on when we went around the same time as TriceraTop Spin. Also note wait times are listed in reverse order):

(This is already 3 weeks old so it is probably obsolete, but with removing distancing requirements I think this is still in the realm of possibility.)

6 Likes

I am so spoiled! That 50 minutes is giving me hives!! My first trip was with FPP and TPs, so I don’t know anything else. We did wait around 45 minutes for MFSR in December 2019. It felt like a lifetime!

1 Like

Same! Figured there is no point making TP now

2 Likes

I don’t do the whole girly screaming in excitement thing ala Rachel’s friends from season one’s The One with George Stephanopoulos, but I’m totally doing the whole girly screaming in excitement thing in my head for you right now!

2 Likes

Especially to Liners!

3 Likes

2 Likes

That kind of looks like me actually

2 Likes

I mean I do picture you with muscles that could crush anyone getting in your way. But the goatee? Not what I had in mind.

1 Like

Uhhhh pass.

4 Likes

Will HEA be around come January 2022? Thoughts?

It should? Why would you think it wouldn’t be?

1 Like

Didn’t know if they planned a new one for the 50th. I’m hoping not. I want them to keep HEA for a few more years at least.

Oh. They might do something added on for the 50th, but I seriously doubt a whole new show replacing it.

HEA is still packin’em in. So I don’t think they’d abandon it anytime soon

2 Likes

We’re going to Disneyland in late August, so it makes me happy there will be something there. I wish they would bring back WoC by then at DCA too!

2 Likes

With masks for the last 18 months I’ve let some things go :bearded_person:

6 Likes