Feedback on Cover Text for 2021 Unofficial Guide

Agree w Ryan for the most part- great fireworks picture & hopefully they’ll be back by the end of the year but definitely missing now. So makes me sad to see on the book.
But I would loath to see a book with people wearing masks- Not disagreeing with wearing them but hate hate hate the imagery & reminder of the whole dragging on pandemic.
Think the star cld say up to date covid and somewhere have a bullet point saying up to date info online. Do think that you highlight the touring plans & can say they are constantly updated as park situations change- eg modified for no fpp. Maybe good to say up to date info on upcoming attractions & SW hotel.
But please decide soon -we’re waiting for our copy! Keeping hoping we’ll get to go this summer if flights allowed in- love reading a real book before a trip.

2 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t put this on the cover.
As a lay purchaser, that would suggest to me not to buy the book and just go online.

PS Hello @hodg :wave:t3: Nice to see you in forumland!

True! I do come over here a bit- mostly lurking

2 Likes

In addition to the fireworks, I also noticed the castle is in the old color scheme. I know a lot of people prefer it that way but I’d prefer a more recent pic. :slight_smile:

The new Castle paint scheme and at least one crowd wearing masks photo makes the 2021 edition collectible. And historic.

I thought of this - and myself prior to obtaining the online subscription - and I’d still buy the book. Not everyone would, but there’s plenty of useful info.

Altho I’ve only bought a book every 5 years or so. It’s super hard to discard one and they take up a bit of shelf space.

1 Like

I agree with these 100%. I like the old colors better but a 2021 book should show the castle as it looks in 2021, IMO.

3 Likes

I’m reaching out to AMC for licensing details.

3 Likes

The Unofficial Guide to Pandemic Disney
Because remember folks, you can’t spell Virus without us!

3 Likes

Three potential cover photos we’re considering. It’s up to the marketing team and if they can make the change. Let me know which ones you prefer. (Assume appropriate cropping/zooming/etc from people more talented than I.)

2 Likes

C

It feels warm and hopeful and like the dawning of a new day, which is what we all need right now.

6 Likes

C although A is my back up.

1 Like

C. With the current shorter park hours, daytime seems much more realistic. And I agree with @OBNurseNH 's sentiments.

2 Likes

Here’s the text I have for the front and back cover, from y’all’s input above. I’m open to suggestions here.

Change yellow sticker in top right corner of cover:
THE LATEST ON DISNEY PARK CHANGES FOR COVID-19
-or-
INCLUDES DISNEY PARK CHANGES FOR COVID-19

Front cover three bullet points:

• How to navigate Disney’s new park reservation system
  • Exclusive money-saving tips on Disney tickets and hotels
  • Ride ratings by age to help you find your family’s favorites

Back Cover Six Great Features:

• A look at Disney’s new rides: Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, and TRON Lightcycle Run!
  • How to get access to Disney’s best new ride in years – Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • How to make the most of Disney’s new Early Theme Park Entry program
  • Exclusive patented, field-tested touring plans that save hours in line in a single day, plus free online customization to match your family’s needs
  • The best hotel rooms – with room numbers! - and how to ask for them at every Disney World resort
  • Expert reviews of Walt Disney World’s restaurants, bars, and lounges, backed by more than 200,000 reader surveys over the past two years
5 Likes

Something in particular?

I was going to put in one of the lyrics from “Cats”?

2 Likes

I pick C

Brilliant!

C, for sure. The other two are pretty…but A feels desolate and abandoned. B feels to distant and out of reach. C is just lovely!

1 Like

Here are some options:

“Not a sound from the pavement”

“Jellicles can and Jellicles do”

“You ought to ask Mr. Mistoffelees”

3 Likes