About two weeks ago I stumbled onto $157 roundtrip non-stop flights from DFW to ONT. I couldn’t pass that up, so I checked the park reservation calendar and pulled the trigger. Then I booked the Candy Cane Inn, which was my original plan on our last trip. Glad to see they’re finally ready. We arrive Wednesday morning 2/15 and fly back on the red-eye late Sunday night.
This is a shorter turn for planning than I’m used to, so please check my tentative plans and let me know if you see any issues. I bought 5 day hoppers. The first day and last day will be travel days. I thought about 4 day but the price difference was so minimal.
Background: traveling party is myself, DW, and DS6. This will be our third trip to DLR. Previous trips were in Sep 2019 and Dec 2021. We also went to WDW in Oct 2018 as a family, and I had been there several times previously. I’m pretty much a DLR person now though.
I really want to hit the things we missed last trip due to closures or time constraints. Top of that list includes - Tom Sawyer Island, canoes, Lincoln, Nemo subs, Main St vehicles, character meal, WOC, Red Car Trolley, bakery tour, and most entertainment.
- We will wake up and get the kid ready a regular school day, but then drive to the airport instead. So far he has no idea this is coming. No school on Friday or Monday, so he’s only missing two days.
- I’m not sure if we’ll just come out and tell him when he notices we’re not driving to school or drag it out a bit more. I did just buy the new little man of DL book. Maybe we’ll work that in.
- I’ve never flown into ONT. We used SNA in 2021 and LAX in 2019. Hopefully the longer trip on Lyft or Uber won’t be a problem. Scheduled to land at 10am.
- Arrive at Candy Cane Inn prior to check-in. Drop off bags and walk to DCA.
- This is the final day of Lunar New Year and taking that in is the main goal. I want to see the Mulan processional, see a few of the special characters, and eat some food. Is the line to see Raya bad?
- DS will want to go on a few rides, so we’ll probably try to knock out a few of the less popular ones in the area (Jumping Jellyfish, Symphony Swings, etc).
- Call it an early night and get settled into our room.
This is probably getting too long, so I’ll stop here for now.