Favorite WDW Sounds

now I do…

My fav sound is still the silence I experience when I leave the parks; I experience an immediate relief; followed by a panic of… I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE! . The constant ambient sound doesn’t work for me. But now I understand why all of you know all the lyrics to all the songs and the names of everything. When I’m there I’m trying to tune it all out and just breathe and observe and enjoy.

2 Likes

This thread is such a great idea by @TheSafetyLady. Lately, I’d say the bursts of loud music signaling a cavalcade is around the corner, making me, a large 40 year old guy, feel like a giddy little boy again. Also, I can never get enough of the Soarin’ soundtrack.

5 Likes

Yes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I get it! By the second day of being conditioned to the burst of music signaling a cavalcade, my body involuntarily race walked to a viewing spot. Definitely a “Pavlov’s Dog” reaction - in a good way.

3 Likes

My favorite sound combo is what I hear on Main Street USA when I enter the MK in the morning: old car horns, the clip-clopping of the horse hooves pulling the trolley cars, the bell clanging on the trolley cars, the train whistle and related sounds of the train as it goes by, the Dapper Dans, and even the eager chatter of the other guests who just arrived. When I come through the entry tunnels into MK, my senses (sight, sound, smell) are suddenly bombarded with a wealth of things that tell me I’m “not in Kansas anymore.”

5 Likes

So cool!! I’m sure I have no idea what was ever said in the introduction, but that electronic voice is such a great sound!! :grin:

Love when CMs say “Have a magical day”. It’s so Disney :heart:

1 Like

The applause from the crowd after Soarin’.

The EE screams in the distance while munching on Flame Tree ribs and onion rings down by the water.

Whistles from an oddly dressed guy riding a decked out skateboard in Epcot.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

I truly hope he comes back. Maybe I enjoyed his show more than most people, but I thought he was an absolute riot:

3 Likes

Of course not.
You’re in Missouri

4 Likes

Oh yes, that guy, love him! I thought you were getting cat calls :wink: :thinking::laughing:

Soarin’ soundtrack is my favorite as well!

2 Likes

I love this song as well. My Dad is a big musical buff and has LP’s of the soundtracks from all of the great ones. When I hear the song on Main Street, it brings back memories of listening to all of these songs as a kid while he painted or worked on some other project around our house!

2 Likes

Mine too!

1 Like
5 Likes