Favorite Souvenir

Ok. I pulled up an old thread about this but am looking for new ideas. I’m not much of a souvenir shopper but always like to bring home something I love that is useful, or that will be pretty displayed somewhere and remind me of our trip. Xmas ornaments are a must for any vacation, and I’ll sometimes buy a mug I like. On an earlier trip this summer I brought back a wool tartan scarf. I’m not a fan of knickknacks.

What’s the favorite thing you’ve brought home with you from WDW?

1 Like

Autographs.
Every trip I like to sketch a pic for junior’s room and we get it autographed in the park. This year I’m working on a Stitch pic.

14 Likes

These earrings! Even Minnie loved them!

4 Likes

We have several plates that we’ve bought over a few trips. Nothing fancy or fine china, but every time I put my kids’ breakfast on those plates, it makes me think of the fun we had on our trip. I usually find them in the Polynesian gift shop because we stay there.

2 Likes

I got a beautiful Minnie Mouse watch on our last trip. I wear it pretty much all the time so it is a very useful souvenir. It reminds me of WDW whenever I check the time!

1 Like

I have a keychain that I use and 2 hoodie jackets that I love.

2 Likes

DD started her charm bracelet last year and loves adding to it. Even this year when we did a Universal trip and only went to Disney for a Ohana breakfast…she had to pick up a new charm.

Wife seems to pick up a new backpack each trip, not sure if that will continue each time, but so far she has. She likes have the yearly bag.

For both kids…they collect the pressed pennies. Keeps them entertained throughout the day and gives them small rewards for good behavior. Cheap souvenirs and reward system all in one.

For me??? Not really a souvenir guy. I did like the banshee we purchased the ds last year, cool to look at…but for me the souvenirs are the memories…for that, reason, heck, memory maker may be my favorite :wink:

3 Likes

Those are fantastic! Wish I was that talented.

1 Like

I love this! I cannot sketch but did buy a picture frame mat for character autographs. Wondering if I should have picked up two…

1 Like

Photos definitely!

My kids love the presses pennies at the zoo, so we’ll definitely do that.

1 Like

Those are cute!

1 Like

We like to buy something at Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers. A little expensive but we only get to WDW once every 2 to 3 years.
Last time we bought 2 very nice wine glasses with our names engraved on them. (We use them every day)

3 Likes

I bought a Baymax mug that makes me happy every time I drink out of it.

3 Likes

Wow. Love this idea. May have to steal.

1 Like

i bought some pens. No lie, I use them at work and they are the best pens and write just how I like them! Going back next month and plan on buying another pack.
The only other thing is we got some kids plastic plates with the three dividers for my daughter. We’ve had them a few years and one is cracked, but we couldn’t find a replacement in may when we went.

oh, and a Tinkerbell stuffed animal for her… she sleeps with her every night!!

2 Likes

For me it’s mugs (I now have 2 which makes me very happy) and Christmas decorations/ornaments. I like to buy them after the trip when shop Disney has a sale. My daughter was into pressed pennies our last trip.

3 Likes

I buy a photo album to put my pictures in.

Kids (5 of them!) each get a gift card to buy what they want - some of it is money they’ve raised and saved together and the rest my husband and I are giving them to round out to about $50 - which feels like such a small amount at Disney. I’m really curious to see what they choose to spend it on.

These are all great and some of them are really unique! I love that. (Says the standard mug and ornament buying person. :joy:) I’m hoping to find something a little different, too!

I kept saying I was going to get a pair of these before we left our DLR trip last summer and I left without them. :disappointed_relieved:
I know you can get them online, but it wouldn’t be the same to me.

I found these by accident on my 2016 trip while shopping at Days of Christmas before they appeared online. I usually get a dated Christmas ornament for each trip.

1 Like