Favorite Souvenir

I have this hat, which is my “rain hat”…that is, I wear it to keep the rain off my face/glasses:

I also have a hoodie I wear (partially seen in this photo below):

2 Likes

We were in the store and my kid knocked this off the shelf, so I had to buy it.

But I’ve been doing some research on paintings, because I like art. I think I’m going to get this dime when I go back.

2 Likes

Well, there goes your Disney vacation budget for the next 15 years! :wink:

1 Like

I get pins (to keep, not trade) and then display them on a cork board at home. I’ll usually get one with the year, one from the resort if I’ve never stayed there before, and one from a special event if there was one. Similar to magnets, but I think they look better :blush:

2 Likes

I love bringing home art. But my budget maybe doesn’t. :woman_shrugging:

Silhouettes done of my kids

3 Likes

Ehhh, not really. That was 39kish. That painting is listed at 420k.

We had that done 3 years ago. Very special. This year, we are doing the pick a pearl in Japan so I can have earrings made of them and let them wear it on their wedding day.

1 Like

Where do they do these?

My favorite one so far has been the simple nike golf hat with a silhouette of Mickey on it.

Runner up would probably be my park bag.

There’s a few places. They do it in MK fairly close to main street, but there are a few vendors that do it. I’m not certain if they do it elsewhere.

1 Like

We had the silhouettes done in Liberty Square of Magic Kingdom but I believe it’s also available at the following other locations:

• Cart on Main St (halfway down to castle)
  • Alleyway between Crystal Arts and Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom
  • Cart in Disney Springs (sorry I don’t have a precise location)
  • Easel in France

It was less than $20 and took only a few minutes.

3 Likes

My favorite souvenir is this mug. I use it ALL the time. Unfortunately, I didn’t see any on our last trip. :crying_cat_face:

9 Likes

We’re not big souvenir people either. Before our trip we buy T-shirts (often at the Disney store outlet near home), and after the trip I sleep in mine. At Disney I get Memory Maker and tell the rest of the family that them posing for photos throughout the trip is my souvenir. Once we get home I print a photobook or scrapbook with the photos. Last trip we did Pick a Pearl at Epcot. I haven’t done anything with the pearl yet, but I think I may do it again this trip and then make a necklace with both pearls. For my kids, they do the pressed pennies and have a collection from everywhere we’ve traveled. We also give them each a budget, and anything they don’t spend they get to keep. My oldest usually saves all of his, and the other 2 save up to half.

1 Like

So maybe I should just give them cash instead of gift cards. :thinking: Actually. That sounds wise, as someone would be melting down on our last day about finding something to buy with whatever is left on the card.

I’ll make a photo book when we get home. Joined a memory maker share and plan to bring my big girl camera some days, too.

1 Like

Disney must be spying on me. Apparently they now think I have fancy tastes.

3 Likes

At 37,500 you got a bargain! I saw it for 39,000.

Wow! You are very talented!

We did gift cards for the kids our first trip…let them have their own card and quite honestly, it was an unneeded aggravation. Had to mess with the cards and balances and such vs a simple tap of the magic band.

DW and i agreed the next trip we would just set a budget for them and keep track of what they spend, but just put it on the band. Was much easier. I won’t mess with the cards in the future.

2 Likes

Now if only Disney would make it so I could put dollar amount restrictions for spending on each band. I can’t do that, can I?

1 Like