FastPass+ tier adjustments at DHS is it true

I read on wdwmagic that the tiers, starting August 29th will change.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Tier 1

Rock n Roller Coaster
Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania

Disney’s Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Tier 2

Star Tours
Frozen Sing-Along
Disney Junior Dance Party!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Muppet Vision 3D
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
FANTASMIC!

I am to book my fastpass+ tomorrow so I’d like to know if it is true. Has anyone started booking their fastpass for days from august 29th?

Yes, this is true.

This is one thread where people have posted their experience so far.

Thank you, this is our first trip. We are coming from France and so far I am getting only very bad surprises, very disappointing. 1st SW GE and now this!!! I always try to see the glass half full but come on, I don’t understand the logic behind that choice.
Don’t they want people to come to DHS?
It will be packed because of SW and now we won’t be even able to do attractions but only 1 really interesting one.

I would say that glass is definitely half full, you’ll be one of the first to experience SWGE! And if you rope drop one of the other main attractions, you’ll easily get 2 tier 1 rides with low wait times.

When is your trip and are you onsite? If it is in October, you will have a little bit more time to see how the EEMH at HS are going and have a better strategy. Those of us going in Sept, have to book FPP before we have the benefit of others’ experiences with the whole SWGE extravaganza. Many people are saying they will skip SWGE all together, and focus on riding other things in HS between 6 and 9 am. There won’t be FPP available during EEMH, but that may be a good strategy. We will see. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want during your planning.

oh Beauguitte, I didn’t see that you book FPP today! Sorry! Let us know how it went. Don’t stress. Everything will work out.

The change helps alleviate the SB wait times a bit on the most popular attractions, and shifts more of the SB folks into the shows, etc. You can still ride more than 1 attraction…even more than one Tier 1 attraction. I think they are just trying to shift more of the crowds into shows to help.

Yes, you will have to wait in SB lines. But you most definitely can do more than 1 attraction.

2 Likes