FastPass+ Now Available for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at DHS!

Got it! I dumped slinky so I’m kinda nervous but hopefully it’ll be okay.

1 Like

I have two days in HS. I dropped my my MFSR for MMRR and kept the SDD the other day… should I switch the SDD for a MFSR? We don’t mind doing the single rider and being engineers or waiting in a longer line (shaded, cooler line)… afraid it could a mistake though… what do you guys think?

Personally, I think you made the right call. MMRR is a ride with no height requirement, so I think it will start to become most families go-to Tier 1. MFSR having a SR line makes that one a lower priority, in my opinion.

2 Likes

This should ultimately make planning for HS in the coming months easier, so I’m glad they decided to go ahead with FPP with this. ROTR is still the monkey wrench, but at least it is one unknown rather than two now.

I have my doubts that off site guests such as myself will be able to obtain any tier 1s, even with this change. But we shall see. Fortunately it will open about a month before I can schedule FPPs, so that should help in knowing estimated SB wait times.

3 Likes

I’m optimistic that allowing FPs this early means they are pretty confident in the ride operations and capacity.

4 Likes

I’m so excited about this! I’ve been helping my sister plan her first trip for her, her DH, DD8 and DS3. They are at HS on 3/19 and I’ve been stalking SDD for her.

Originally I had been just sending her info on planning, I sent her the UG book the link to this site etc and I thought she was on top of everything. We texted a few days after her FP day and I asked her what she got, she responded by saying that “FP is dumb, I could only get 1” (She has 2 MK days and 1 HS day). I’m way too controlling to let that go, I called her, got her MDE login info and took over. 2 out of her 3 park days are CL 10, she would have been miserable with 1 FP for all 3 days.

I’m so excited that this opened I was able to get all 4 of them FPP’s. This is great because her 3yo is not tall enough for SDD, I’m so excited for her!

4 Likes

You are a good sister :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Woohoo! Just moved 5 people from an evening MFSR to morning MMRR in late March. Too soon to tell if this is preferable over a SDD FP, but at least I know SDD SB becomes manageable in the evening if need be, whereas we know nothing about SB for MMRR. Now to rearrange my other FP’s and ADR’s around this. Was assuming we’d be RDing MMRR until this news. At least we now know there won’t be a VQ with BG’s where you’d have to pick only one of MMRR or RotR.

2 Likes

Less than an hour after the OP and MMRR is already gone for my HS day! I knew it would be quick so I’m not super surprised, but still. I’m guessing it was mostly liners who were able to snag these. :smirk:

Just swapped MFSR for MMRR on 1st April. Not sure if right decision but MFSR tends to be quieter in the evening and who knows what MMRR will be like!

2 Likes

I’m actually curious about this. While updating my HS days for May, I noticed that the predicted wait time for MFSR is 100+ minutes all day long, even into the evening…going as high as 131 minutes at one point in my plan, depending on where I placed it.

This surprised me, since people were before reporting SB wait times of 35 minutes for MFSR. So, I don’t know what to believe. And with it now under FPP, and SB wait times growing as a result, I’m left wondering if there will ever be a good time to ride MFSR. :confused:

I’m guessting those May times are already incorporating the longer SB times because of FP for MFSR and thats why the 100+ min waits. I’d imagine they would be using data from other rides that added FP to predict the impact that will have. I’d imagine we won’t really have a good idea of actual impact until the FP line has been open for a month plus though.

1 Like

Tough decision, but I think I am keeping my MFSR’s and SDD’s. I have older teens so I’m not sure they would prefer the animated attraction to the SW theme and the coaster?

1 Like

It’s only 55 min at the mo, which for star wars the sprog will happily sit through. For some Mickey Mouse ride, not so much. That’s how I’m justifying it to myself anyway!

Also, MFSR has single rider if we get that desperate!

While they are issuing FastPasses for the Runaway Railway, I think they are pretty limited because there’s much less inventory than there were when the Millenium Falcon passes dropped (at least for my date). My guess is that they are hedging their bets on the reliability of the ride initially, or the reports that this can accommodate large numbers of people were false. My guess is the former.

I’m sticking with Slinky Dog for my FPs, though I am looking to see if I can move my times up.

I’m so excited to see this offered as a fast pass! My toddlers are obsessed with Mickey and Minnie, but I was ready to skip it in April because the 100+ min waits I was getting are never going to be an option for them (or my husband, to be honest). Hopefully I can get one in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

This is exciting. I hope I can get one! My FP day is approaching.

CONFLICTED. I kept both my MF: SR’s fast passes. Mostly because my kids are older and this appears to be “all ages.” We are also big star wars fans. But, its a new ride! Curse you, tiers!

2 Likes

OK, forget my last post. I swapped out one of our MF: SRs. ITS A NEW RIDE. So is MF, but we’re already riding that one.

4 Likes