Fastest route to 7DMT?

I left my book in the car.

Haven’t been to WDW in 15 years, and they changed a lot of stuff, especially in Fantasyland.

I’m looking at a Magic Kingdom map from January of this year. (It still has Relaxation Stations marked on it.)

So what’s the best route to 7DMT? Straight through the castle, veer right, hook left? Or take that skinny spoke on the right that goes next to Cosmic Rays, turn left, dance around the Mad Tea Party, and find the line over there on the right somewhere?

They really relocated those tea cups, didn’t they? I don’t remember them being so close to the stinky cars.

Thanks in advance! :running_woman:t2:

1 Like

The line entrance is to the right of the attraction, so the path to the right of the castle that comes out with WTP to the left and teacups on the right is the one I would choose.

7 Likes

Thank you!!! :grin:

1 Like

Here’s a visual aid in case you need it:

6 Likes

IDK I think you’re better off going straight through the castle. Anyone else feel this way?? I suppose if you were not near front of pack the other path would make sense as the queue will snake down along that fence and land near/past WTP and teacups. But if you’re front of pack you’ll have to go all the way around, and against traffic in a tight spot, to get to the entrance.

1 Like

Not having been during COVID -… Is the stage still in front of the castle for a welcome show at RD?

I kind of feel it is six to one, half dozen to the other.

I guess I’d decide based on where I see most of the people. If most of the people are going straight, then go right to try to get ahead of them. If most of the people are going right, then go straight.

In the end, not sure it makes much difference.

2 Likes

There is a stage but you can still go through the castle. If that were blocked, of course the other way would be the best way.

2 Likes

After looking at the graphic, I’m remembering that I favoured that route because it passed the stroller parking.
If you have to park a stroller that’s the way to go.
If you don’t, then I guess it depends if th route through the castle is open or not.
I also have no post-Covid experience, and there always seemed to be shows on at the castle hindering the direct path.

1 Like

I was there last week. We did rope drop and were in the first few hundred people waiting for 7DMT. The route on the map is the route they took us. If you are not doing rope drop, you would also want to go that way as the end of the line is across from Under the Sea.

4 Likes

Is this still the way the line wraps?

For clarity, green dots = entrances, red dots = exits, arrows = queues

2 Likes

Yes

On our day there we saw it back to Under the Sea and decided to ride that ride instead of 7D

Ain’t no ride worth waiting that long for.

3 Likes

Ooh, where can i find the maps with the lines on them?

The Disney Food Blog posted them back at the end of March.

2 Likes

Yes

In March I joined the queue about where Prince Eric’s Village Market is. It was about a 25 minute wait.

That was with distancing in the queue. For what its worth in assessing wait times

3 Likes

Last week, mid-day, the line was 80 min at one glance and 100 min at another glance when the line ended near Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

2 Likes

Journey rather than voyage I hope. Or that’s a helluva line :laughing:

I mean, at 100 minutes, it might as well start in Hollywood Studios! LOL. I can never remember the name of the Little Mermaid ride. I edited my response to reduce confusion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve always thought it a bit silly that the names are so similar anyway!

2 Likes

Thank you for the warning. I do not think I would want to get into a line that would make me wait 100 minutes.