Fantastic Rides And Where To Find Them (Trip Report 05-19Jul24)

It’s Showtime!!

Yes, I know that’s not consistent with the title franchise, but UOR just has so many good ones, so Eat My Shorts!!! :rofl::rofl:

Who
Me, DH, DD14 and DS12 (turning 13 next week :partying_face:)

Where
Cabana Bay Beach Resort plus a sneaky wee overnight at Royal Pacific Resort :hibiscus: for EP purposes.

What
UOR all the way baby!!
On-site activities will include Galaxy Bowl, Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf, Cinema for Despicable Me 4, The Great Movie Escape and ALL the parks :bowling::golf::film_strip::unlock::roller_coaster::european_castle::mount_fuji:
There may or may not be an Epic meetup of some kind :smiley::smiley::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:
Actually, there will be. I don’t know why I said maybe or maybe not. Were you suitably on the edge of your seat there?? :laughing::laughing:

The Adventure Begins…

46 Likes

Love the title and can’t wait to follow along!

7 Likes

Yay!!! Have the best time @Shmebulock !! :partying_face:

Are you the new @darkmite2 ?

6 Likes

Woohoooo!

I’m so excited to meet you!

14 Likes

Will she get a sticker? :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Follow along to find out :wink:

11 Likes

I will definitely try. I will be in transit for most of it though….

We’ll need a daily scupper. Who volunteers?

8 Likes

We set out early-ish this morning. But not early enough not to have to rush to a museum we wanted to hit up en route.

DD has an interest in costuming and Canon Hall in the Yorkshire Dales is displaying some fabulous movie costumes just now, so we swung by to have a look…

The Duchess worn by Keira Knightley

Queen Charlotte worn by Arsema Thomas

The Danish Girl worn by Eddie Redmayne (with a nod to the TR title :star_struck::laughing:)

28 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

Where is it, if you don’t mind me asking? Unless that’s classified info, then ignore me. :laughing:

4 Likes

We thought perhaps that we might not get enough American fayre over the next two weeks, so we’re kicking things off at TGI Fridays… :rofl::rofl:
It would be rude not to on July 4th :us::us:

2 for 1 cocktails :smiley::smiley::woozy_face::woozy_face:

35 Likes

It’s between Leeds and Sheffield.
We’re flying out of Manchester airport tomorrow.

8 Likes

Yay!! Cannot wait to meet you in just over a week!! Though I will have to leave this beautiful place to do it.

24 Likes

OMG, I love it there! Kidding, I have no idea where that is… and why did I ask? :woman_facepalming:

13 Likes

Stunning!

6 Likes

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

So happy for you!!! Safe and boring travels!!!

Wish I could be going to the meet up but that’s not possible. :slightly_frowning_face: But I will be following along!!! :grinning:

8 Likes

But what the hell is that on those plates?!

10 Likes

Looking forward to following along

6 Likes

Great title!

8 Likes

It’s near me! Nearish anyway. Anout 40 miles.

12 Likes