"Family versus The Beasts" Trip Report (08/02/20 - 08/15/20)

Try it with rum in AK! Lol, soooo much better😁

2 Likes

They actually offered it with Coconut rum in Epcot…but I wanted to try it in its pure form for a first time.

4 Likes

I like the original, but the coconut rum shakes it up and actually elevates to pineapple flavor. Brings be back to the Caribbean, lol! To each is own. I dont like ice cream in general, unless its a float. I didn’t know EP had a dole whip tho, GTK!

Photo pass photo of the day…

17 Likes

It was in the Canada pavilion area.

1 Like

Only during festivals.

1 Like

Good morning! Today is our second HS Day. Probably will be a half day, and more relaxed, since we primarily just have TSL left to do. With ROTR out of the way, there isn’t even pressure to be to the parks right at 10:00.

Looking back at yesterday, it was another great day. The heat wasn’t such an issue…not because it wasn’t hot and humid, but because with Epcot you really are only out in the heat for the walk between pavilions…otherwise we’re in AC most of the time. The biggest issue we faced was whether the storms were going to come. They kept being pushed off, and at one point came close enough to shut down Test Track (as we were getting in line). Ultimately, the storms and rain never came.

Still, there is just so much to do, despite all the construction and even with a lot of things unavailable, such as interactive displays. We just couldn’t get it all in, and so we only really got to spend any time at all in Mexico and Norway. Everything else we breezed past.

So, in spite the incredibly low crowds there, it still requires 2 days to do everything. I am looking forward to returning with my wife so we can focus more on the World Showcase to get all the stuff we skipped done!

17 Likes

Just exactly how slow are you moving? :astonished: I mean, congrats on being able to stretch out the Epcot days given it’s been a gutted park, but you only did a few rides and Norway and Mexico, which both only have a short ride and a store(ok, in Mexico’s case it’s a big store)… and you ran out of time?? HOW?

You’re doing it wrong. :rofl: 1) You don’t pass it around. Full stop. Of course you’re not gonna get enamored with dole whips when splitting it with a bunch of people. 2) You don’t get your dole whips from Epcot as a start (MK is the really the only place that serves them correctly), but this is minor in comparison.

7 Likes

I think you are channeling @sanstitre_has_left_the_building… I hear his voice in your comments :face_with_monocle::rofl:

8 Likes

At the moment, you can’t get it even at MK…at least not the day we were there. :frowning:

We did Soarin’, LWTW, Awesome Planet, ate at Sunshine Seasons, headed to the Seas and did Nemo, plus looked at all the aquarium stuff. Next, Spaceship Earth, and then over to Mousegear for a bit. M:S Orange, then over to Test Track…got in line, but then they shut it down due to lightning in the area. Went to the Epcot Experience area for a snack. At this point we started toward the bus stop, but changed our mind as it was clear the rain wasn’t coming. Back over to Mexico to ride the boat and look around, the over to Norway to ride FEA. At this point we were getting hangry and it was about 6ish. We walked over to the F&W pavilion for our dinner. TT was back open, so we headed there and got on, then headed to Figment. By this point it was 7:00 pm and we were quite exhausted. Even if we had stayed, we wouldn’t have come close to finishing up the countries, since there was the China film, the Canada film, Le Impressions of France, the show in America, plus hopping into the shops. Also, the Pixar short film festival.

7 Likes

Well he’s not ALWAYS wrong… just British. :slight_smile:

Booo Aloha Isle shoulda been open. Not sure why it would be closed :thinking:

And it’s all walk on? Or was all of that long lines?

AND you left early?!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: seriously… I’m actually impressed and envious with the speed. I couldn’t hope to move that slow. Gettin’ fidgety just thinking about it. I woulda cleared everything you did by around 1PM or so tops (assuming there was little to no wait, of course) and then been bored the rest of the day.

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Keep in mind the park doesn’t open until 11:00 these days. I doubt you could have done all of that in 2 hours. Plus, you’re only one person. Things (like walking, shopping, eating) just take longer when you have lots of people.

5 Likes

Everything was 10 minutes or less (mostly walk on) except FEA, which was 35.

2 Likes

I agree Dole Whips are better when mixed with the vanilla, cuts the sweetness down.

Apparently you’re not familiar with my list.

1 Like

oh, I’ve heard… and you already threatened to put me on it, but I guess I never made the cut :wink:

1 Like

Ok. I was going to type, “Your touring speed is a LOT slower than I would have imagined.”
But then Randall actually dug deeper into my feelings.

My crew is definitely wired differently than yours @ryan1. Maybe the heat counts for some of it.

I’m so glad you are having a better time now. My kids are claiming Victory through prayer TBH. They keep asking me how your family is doing.

3 Likes

Yup I’m aware. I was saying when the park is in full swing, that it would’ve been done by 1PM (so 3-4 hours depending on order). Over-estimating ride time a bit, he was on the actual rides for only an hour, which means the rest was walking/eating/shopping.

And yeah, I get it takes longer when you’re not on your own, but that’s still an impressive slow speed. As I said, I’m envious someone can move slow enough to stretch a gutted epcot into multiple days without repeating things.

Yeah, I can see someone on their own being able to do all of that in 4 hours. Just not in 2.

When we did Epcot with my MIL we had to stop by the bathrooms every other ride/activity. It was soooo aggravating. Sometimes people just slow ya down. :laughing:

3 Likes