Family of rope droppers ready for some MAGIC! July 2021 trip report

Thank you. I just realized this is the first trip I won’t be taking the monorail.

1 Like

I thought it was just us because we were a little behind the pack. But when we skipped 7DMT I thought we would be back on track. We went to BTMR first with minimal wait but then waited 45min for Splash. That’s when I first started wishing for return of FP.

2 Likes

It’s 12 pm and we just walked to the Boardwalk Bakery. Not a good idea. It’s 89F but feels like 101F (it certainly does).

We didn’t want to sit outside in the heat, so we walked back to the Dolphin. Hello, The Fountain, we are back for round 2!

14 Likes

Say it ain’t so! We are on our way to the airport. Why oh why all good things must come to an end? It’s so sad…. Please tell me your tricks to deal with post Disney blues

14 Likes

WHAT?!?! You just got there! Turn right back around, young lady!

11 Likes

Plan another trip.

9 Likes

I still want to finish reporting day 3 (MK) and day 4 (HS/Epcot) - hope you don’t mind.

As I write the report I am reliving all those moments…. Then it’s posted and I go back and read it all over again (that’s when I find and start fixing all sorts of typos, by the way)

:heart:

10 Likes

Are you kidding?! Keep it coming! :syringe:

4 Likes

Don’t know if anyone has said this to you here, but you seem to be a really nice guy.

9 Likes

7 Likes

He really is! @Jeff_AZ did take me (unknowingly and sort of virtually) on his family trip. Only a nice guy does that!

9 Likes

I’m thinking Animal Kingdom Lodge, Summer 2022, with some days at Universal (I haven’t been there in decades)

3 Likes

For a moment I wondered if I’d been there and forgot :joy:

7 Likes

I have never done Tom Sawyer Island either and it’s on my list for this trip - I’m thinking with all the lines, I will probably end up fitting this in. Do not like standing in lines.

What did the kids have at Skipper Canteen? I’m trying to figure out if my DD can handle the crispy chicken kids meal, but I can’t find pictures anywhere. She is a REALLY picky eater.

1 Like

That sounds like a great plan.

1 Like

It’s never too much! Talking about your ears and Minnie glasses. Love the look!

Love the Swiss Family Tree House! One of my favorites especially since they changed the tree house in DL to Tarzan. I could spend a lot of time just hanging out up there!

Love your trip report! So sad you had to go home, but happy that there are still some chapters of this trip that haven’t been written yet.

7 Likes

I love that you got to go to TSI. I have been wanting to go but have yet to make it there.

I also have never tried dole whip :flushed: we always mean to get it but eat so many other things instead! So today after seeing your dole whip pics, I googled dole whip and found a place in Portland, ME that has it! I just had my first one- it was lemon flavored and delicious!

10 Likes

Haha thank you!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Good idea, I should try to find it where I live for my homemade floats.

1 Like

DD8 had the Mac and cheese, which was pretty basic. DD11 orders from the adult menu. She got the grilled steak with a side of white rice.

I don’t know about the kids crispy chicken, but I would imagine it’s like chicken nuggets? I hear you on having a picky eater.