Family of rope droppers ready for some MAGIC! July 2021 trip report

How is this even possible?! You just got there!!!

2 Likes

Sounds perfect.

No

3 Likes

It was “just okay” according to my son. It’s not coated in your usual fried chicken coating. It tasted like it was nut-based?

2 Likes

Yeah, this was meant to be a short trip to use the remaining 4 of the original 6 day tickets purchased for March 2020. Didn’t have many vacation days to use (I am changing jobs). Long story, but I only had these few days and it had to be this week in July.

1 Like

Please elaborate when you can. I’m already on the fence about Universal. I didn’t like it all that much when I visited in 2005, but I have friends who insist I’m missing out.

Oh it’s just me being me.

You should go. Honestly.

My family had a fantastic day! I’m glad they went :wink:

4 Likes

This makes me feel better. I had never tried Dole whip before this trip. In fact, there are so many things I haven’t tried yet that I probably shouldn’t call myself a “liner”. Ha!

I am worried I am working through my list of “things I must try at WDW” too quickly. I mean, will I even want to go back after I check all the boxes?

1 Like
  1. yes
  2. no worries - you’ll never tick all the boxes
7 Likes

Oh, you will. You will find new boxes to check. Every time I think I’ve had my fill…

And DH, who originally vowed we would only go to Disney World once every five years or so? Told me on the way home from the first trip to book the next one immediately.

2 Likes

So it was like chicken fingers or nuggets, but just a different coating? I think she could handle that. Just no bones or whole pieces of fried chicken.
DH has no patience for her eating issues, but I was the original picky eater, so I can’t really complain.

1 Like

It was boneless tenders coated in a “fried chicken” coating. It was kind of bland. He ate it but it wasn’t his favorite. It did have a sweet and sour sauce that was served with it that I thought was really good.

Everyone said they should have ordered the pork that I had (they were correct)

2 Likes

I see. I take that there is a background story here? Like Ryan is known for being anti-FPP, you are known for being anti-Universal. :blush: I also know you are in the AK lover group, so the thumbs up to AKL makes sense.

1 Like

Yes. I don’t leave the bubble once I’m there

(disregard this trip’s shopping trips. I was in the bubble as maintained by my rental car)

2 Likes

Same here. DH doesn’t sympathize with my picky eater. But I know how it feels, having been forced to eat vegetables as a child. No one should be forced to eat cucumber or beets …… :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Thank you SO much. This sounds like it will work. So now we can add another restaurant to the list of ADRs I am working to get. Five different tabs open that I keep refreshing…in addition to the Reservation Finder. The things we do.

3 Likes

Beets! Oh heck no. I was the kid who picked every sesame seed off of my hamburger bun. I was never forced to eat foods I didn’t want. But, funny story, my mom readily admits that she messed up when we went to Disney for the first time when I was five and she took the advice of the book she read (could it have been Birnbaum?) and headed straight to Pirates. I freaked out and every ride thereafter I would say “You’re forcing me to do this!”
Yeah, I was a fun kid.

1 Like

To say I was “forced” is an exaggeration, but it certainly felt that way. My argument was “not even Murphy (my dog) eats this, why do I have to?”

1 Like

I don’t love Universal either. But if you love Harry Potter it’s worth a day or two just for that.

2 Likes

Noooo! Your trip can’t be over yet.

1 Like

So sweet of you to say that. I still have a whole day and a half to report!

1 Like