Family of rope droppers ready for some MAGIC! July 2021 trip report

These days most downtime is about 30 minutes or less. You can only tell there is downtime because they stop calling boarding groups for a while. Occasionally there is a disastrous day (like July 6th, when they only called 78 groups all day), but that is getting more rare as the ride performance has stabilized.

6 Likes

It’s a bad day for RotR.

4 Likes

Ugh. I’m sorry!

2 Likes

That looks like a normal external queue to me. How far back does it go? We were to the bridge one of our days and still were on in under 30 mins

3 Likes

The other 2 times I came the line was minimal, but it was earlier in the day. Maybe that’s normal afternoon boarding? Yikes!

2 Likes

We got in without any wait, no problem.

2 Likes

Ok, now it was announced that there will be a “delay”. We are stuck waiting between the second pre show and the ride vehicle.

2 Likes

Ugh

1 Like

When it rains it pours, I guess … that’s Florida for you. :wink: So sorry it’s not going smoothly!

2 Likes

And now we are stuck right here……

4 Likes

That’s crummy. I don’t know if you’ll be able to get away if you just keep sitting there! :laughing:

5 Likes

Lol! Our group is pretty funny. Someone just said: “Glad they’re not playing “It’s small world after all”

And Kylo just keeps staring at us!

12 Likes

Don’t worry. He’s merely an angsty teenager.

7 Likes

Still a little bumpy but close to recent average trend. Hope you weren’t stuck too long!

3 Likes

At least you got non-blurry photos?! We’re always moving so fast, none of mine come out!

Hope you got to finish the ride…

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s more fun to be evacuated from the vehicle then the preshow. We were told to not take pictures when we walked out.

We eventually finished the ride on our 3 rd attempt! BG line reached beyond the bridge

18 Likes

OMG, I think I’d freak out. I’m already worried enough about going on it (not GETTING a BG…riding the actual thing) because I’m prone to motion sickness and a big ride wimp. My idea of a thrill ride is FEA, lol. I’m so glad you got to finish! And I laughed out loud at your group. Good humor makes a big difference!

2 Likes

It’s not really a thrill ride like Space Mountain and ToT. You will love it!

4 Likes

I’m prone to motion sickness but I love thrill rides. I agree RotR is NOT a thrill ride. It is an exciting adventure, but it has almost none of the typical stuff that makes a thrill ride, other than a mini drop that is hardly worth mentioning. My 7-year-old (who hated Tower of Terror) didn’t bat an eye.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve watched videos - I hated to spoil the surprise for myself, but there was no way I was riding without knowing what I was getting into. I think I can handle it. But we are talking about the person who started freaking out on Under the Sea when the little shell turned backwards unexpectedly…

2 Likes