Family of rope droppers ready for some MAGIC! July 2021 trip report

Submitting any times at all is fantastic! Thanks for doing that. It really helps get more accurate data.

1 Like

Would it be possible to have the option to submit the time after you get off the ride? At my Disney trip, I started the clock and then put my phone away to talk to my family. There were times when I only remembered to end the clock after I was on the ride vehicle, and so I never submitted those times.

5 Likes

Not at the moment, but that would be a good feature to add!

3 Likes

:warning: Day 4 DHS/Epcot part II

Non-alcoholic (ha! :wink:) glowing beverages for the kiddos

—————
DD8, whispering:
“Mom, I don’t like this movie”

DD8, 5 min later:
“Mom, I wanna watch something eeeeeelse…”

—————-
:trophy: RotR attempt #2
It was fun to be evacuated from the ride vehicle. When we were told pictures were not allowed, it was too late (oops :grimacing:)

Met with DH and DD8
:trophy: Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy

:trophy: RotR successful attempt #3
We finally had one uninterrupted ride this day
I enjoyed seeing the pre-shows 3 times
A slightly different perspective when we rode a different car

:trophy:Vacation fun

20 Likes

Wait, did we see these photos? Since you took them, might as well share with us, right? :innocent::innocent::innocent:

5 Likes

:warning: Day 4 DHS/Epcot part III

On our way out, we got the wookie cookie across from Vacation Fun

We liked the carrot cake, but both DD11 and I thought the cookie was much better, so good!!

——//
3:30 pm: A pretty heavy storm started right when we walked out of the park
Friendship boat is not running
We had ponchos, but I didn’t want to walk to the Dolphin
We waited for a little while for the boat, then took a bus to the Dolphin (the Disney bus to the BW stopped at the Dolphin :pray::smiley:)
————
:warning: Epcot

• We did all the rides in 2020, and in 2021 we hadn’t got to a point where we missed Epcot yet.

• I was very excited to go to American Adventure (had never seen it).

• We rushed to get there for the 7:15 show (our last chance).

• We got there right when the CM was about to close the door. So nice of him to let us in!

I really loved it. Especially the combination of multiple technologies (video, animatronics) and the reference to more contemporary public figures at the end.

Asked DD11 at the end if she had like it. She goes:
“Did I like being reminded of school while I’m on vacation? No!” :joy:

————
After the show, we had a few minutes to relax

DD8 is obsessed with hidden mickeys

————
She is disappointed the can’t get close to the mini Eiffel Tower. Wants our next trip to be Paris

We couldn’t get macaroons here (it was closed)

Skyliner to our 8:30 pm ADR at Topolino’s terrace

Fantastic way to end our short vacation.

Epcot fireworks

21 Likes

@Jeff_AZ this is the only one I took.

4 Likes

Well, that is the best place to be stuck, IMO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

DS13 is as well

LOVE this pic of your girls :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you

Loving all the photos!!
That family one is awesome!!

2 Likes

Do you guys have the book?

Yup! And the app.

It’s a little outdated by now, but we have it :smiley:

1 Like

I met a guy that helped write, not the actual author. He saw me with the book in MK and gave me this cool pin. He says he gives one out anytime he sees someone using the book. It is in need of a new version.

13 Likes

That is AWESOME!

2 Likes

Omg that is the cutest little face ever!

1 Like

The author, Steve Barrett, was at Mousefest back in the day.

I had purchased it before our longest family trip when the kids were little (ds 2yo & dd 6.5yo). After looking through the book together dd was ALL about finding hidden mickeys. We landed at the airport, DME to POR, and were standing in the line ordering food at the food court when dd found one. There were wraps on the menu and the photo with that section of the menu had them cut in parts and the slices made a hidden mickey. She made me take a photo and when we got home I submitted it to the Hidden Mickey website that author ran.

Apparently, at 6.5yo, dd was the very first person to report the POR food court hidden mickey! She was SO proud!! When I met Steve at Mousefest I shared the story with him and he was thrilled! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thank you so much, I didn’t know about this!

1 Like

Ha! Ordering now

Walt Disney World’s Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578413493/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_JRAE6VH2W0A2H5ZSFVTJ

4 Likes

DW and I have dedicated an entire trip in search of the Hidden mickeys in that book and now the App. I think we rode SE 4 times in a row to find all that were there. We have been meaning to break out the app again now that there are no FP+ and there are a lot in ride stand by queues.

7 Likes