Family of rope droppers ready for some MAGIC! July 2021 trip report

Thank you. It’s more fun to be evacuated from the vehicle then the preshow. We were told to not take pictures when we walked out.

We eventually finished the ride on our 3 rd attempt! BG line reached beyond the bridge

18 Likes

OMG, I think I’d freak out. I’m already worried enough about going on it (not GETTING a BG…riding the actual thing) because I’m prone to motion sickness and a big ride wimp. My idea of a thrill ride is FEA, lol. I’m so glad you got to finish! And I laughed out loud at your group. Good humor makes a big difference!

2 Likes

It’s not really a thrill ride like Space Mountain and ToT. You will love it!

4 Likes

I’m prone to motion sickness but I love thrill rides. I agree RotR is NOT a thrill ride. It is an exciting adventure, but it has almost none of the typical stuff that makes a thrill ride, other than a mini drop that is hardly worth mentioning. My 7-year-old (who hated Tower of Terror) didn’t bat an eye.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve watched videos - I hated to spoil the surprise for myself, but there was no way I was riding without knowing what I was getting into. I think I can handle it. But we are talking about the person who started freaking out on Under the Sea when the little shell turned backwards unexpectedly…

2 Likes

:warning: Review of our day @ AK (7/10) (part III)

After Rafiki’s planet, we got back to Asia for our ADR

:trophy: 3:00 pm: Yak and Yeti

Thank you all who recommended Yak and Yeti on this thread

This was the best meal we had on this trip (so far). It was now with Sanaa and Jiko on our list of favorite restaurants.

I had the chicken tikka masala. DH had the vegetable noodles, and said it was the best he has ever had.

The most surprising thing is, my picky eater loved her meal as well! I was worried (I mean, this is the girl who said “there is nothing I eat here, mom” at Woody’s Lunch box)! I suggested to ask the server if it was ok to order from the kids menu for her, but she said no (“mom, it says - 9 and under, I’m 11”). She got the fried chicken and asked for a side of white rice. It was delicious, she said.

———-

:trophy:4:30 pm: Maharajah Jungle Trek

This was the highlight of our day!

A little bit of background here: DD8 says she wants to be a wildlife vet and move to Australia (um… ok :eyes:). She loves all sorts of books and videos about animals, but she is particularly interested in lizards.

Do you know how many times we heard her talk abou Komodo dragons? And guess what was the first thing we see at the Jungle Trek? She was so happy!

————
The other exhibit we thought was really cool was the one with giant bats. I had never seen anything like it

——-
5:00, the wait times are much lower so we went back to doing a few more attractions

:trophy:5:00pm (~ 5 min wait): It’s tough to be a bug
This is one of my favorite shows in all WDW. It’s also a good opportunity for beautiful pictures near the tree, especially this time of the day

:trophy:5:40 pm (< 5 min wait) Kilimanjaro safaris

The line for this one got super long (>30 min) after 10 am, but at this time of the day it was essentially a walk-on. With the sun down, it’s more pleasant and the pictures turn out better, so I prefer to do this one towards park close.

:trophy: 7:00 pm (15 min wait): Na’vi river journey

Right at park close we got in line for Na’vi. DH and DD8 had already done it, while myself and DD11 rode Everest (they don’t like thrill rides), but they didn’t mind going on it again. I imagine it shows how Pandora is at night… it was good way to end the day!

Without the crowd in Pandora we stopped for a photo

This was hands down our best day! :heart: And the only park I think I can manage to tour efficiently without FPP

22 Likes

Thought you would like to see this @vcka.

These crocs look really nice and comfy.
I showed DH, but he didn’t like the Mickey print

13 Likes

I wear those exact style crocs to tour the parks!

5 Likes

Tomorrow I will be writing the review of my MK day (which we did yesterday)…

That was a tough day. I’m still traumatized by the amount of time I spent in line for Space Mountain. :weary: Emotionally and physically (ask my sore ankles and feet)

#IneedFPPnow
#BringbackFPPplease
#Icantwaitinlineanymore

9 Likes

Me too! Wore them to work today. Super comfy.

8 Likes

Old and new. Slightly different.

9 Likes

That’s a great point. FOP at rope drop and Navi at close.

It sure looks like you did have a great day. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m glad you all liked Y&Y, especially DD!

3 Likes

You and @Tall_Paul1 have a good taste. Now you need to get one with a Mickey print!

2 Likes

:thinking: I dunno. A Mickey Mouse stamp on my shoe? This is about as far as I go with the mouse:

8 Likes

I just LOVE watching the bats :bat:

Looks like a fantastic day!

My DD17 still orders from the kids’ menu sometimes :joy:

3 Likes

This is one of those “I can smell this picture” photos

6 Likes

I’m laughing so hard :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you for thinking of me. My DH would look at me and shake his head and say something about… “What is it w/ you and manly shoes?!?” He HATES my Doc Martins :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

:warning:Day#3 Magic Kingdom (7/11) (part I)
Rope drop- Park close
My TP included the headliners plus rides I didn’t get to do in 2020. We already did things like PPF and WPooh, so I didn’t feel like doing those again. Didn’t include Tiki or Dumbo and Aladdin, we don’t like those rides.

Rope drop

• 7:20 am: Arrived at BW bus stop:
    A few families already there, but enough to fit in one bus
  • 7:50 am: First bus arrives
  • 8:08 am: Bus arrives at MK
  • 8:14 am: Through tapstiles (already open); crowd headed to 7DMT held near Cheshire Cafe.

:no_entry: Not so fun part: we were held until 9:02! What? That’s after scheduled park opening time! Also it’s a long time to be packed shoulder to shoulder. And it was hot. Little kids crying impatient. My own family getting impatient too and cranky. Technically we can’t complain, but it was not what I expected. There was A LOT of people rope dropping7DMT.

• 9:07 am: In line for 7DMT

:trophy:9:07 am - Ride #1: 7DMT (25 min wait)
Even though we were towards the front of the pack, still a significant wait. By the time we finished this ride, the line to Space Mountain, which I had planned to do next- was too long (~ 40 min). We went to Tomorrow land and started to tackle rides with short wait.

:no_entry:DH and DD8 were a little cranky that morning, wanted to do the stinky car ride (speedway something). I can’t stand that ride, but no problem, they went there and DD11 and I went to Astro Orbiter

:trophy:9:36 am: Ride #2: (11 min wait) Astro Orbiter
I had never done this one and wanted to get it out of the way earlier in the day. These 11 min felt like a lot longer, mostly because it’s super frustrating to see how slow this ride loads. Seriously, there was maybe 2-3 other groups in front of us. It took forever. It was fun to see the park from above, but it’s also a very short ride. I don’t plan to ride this again for another decade, maybe never.

:no_entry: DH calls me to say he is frustrated because the Speedway ride was posted 15 min and it was taking longer than that.

:trophy: 9:59 am - Ride # 3 &4: People Mover (<5 min wait)
Like AstroOrbiter, this was on my must-do list because I’d never done it before. In 2020 when I visited it was down. I loved this ride! :heart: It saved my morning… I texted DH to meet us there after his ride and I went on it again, now the 4 of us.
:no_entry: DH and the entire crew are cranky and want to stop to eat something (guess that’s what it’s called “hangry”). The lines for coffee at those Joffrey’s stands are too long, so I MO at the nearest quick service Cosmic Ray’s cafe.

:trophy: 10:35 am. Break. Cosmic Ray’s cafe
The place was empty, which was very nice and relaxing. DD8 loved the animatronic. Got 2 Cheshire Cat tail pastries, coffee and juice for the kids. That was like pixie dust. Family is suddenly all happy again. Looking at MDE and Lines, most rides had really long wait times at 10:30. But Mermaid didn’t, so we went back to Fantasyland.

:trophy: 10:50 am. Ride #5: Little Mermaid (10 min wait)
This ride doesn’t seem to get the attention it deserves.

Next we go to Skipper Canteen for our 11:30 ADR
(to be continued…)
——————
Main Street at rope drop

o
—————————
A lot of people to RD 7DMT. Close to 9, the crowd seems to extend all the way to the hub.

—————————
This takes forever!!

———————-
A nice and relaxing ride. Love it!

———————-
Cosmic ray’s for a quick snack in the morning. The place is empty at 10:30 am

——————
Little mermaid is one of my favorites

18 Likes

Are they still doing pandemic loading at AstroOrbiter? ie, one party per elevator, regardless of party size? It made for glacial loading. Thank goodness we were one of the first 5-6 parties in line when we went in June, so it didn’t take too long for us, but I felt bad for people behind us in line. They really need an escalator or stairs or something.

3 Likes