Fall room discounts and fall free dining are finally here

No…but it could turn it from a 1-4 to a 3-6 and that would suck.

I just called the AP number to change my room from a package to a room only with discount (we purchased APs in May) and after several tries around 9am this morning I was finally put thru… and wouldn’t you know it… “we are experience magical upgrades to our reservation system and cannot access any reservations at this time, we are asking our guests to return their calls at a later time” OMGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

My Sept stay would only cover 2 days, but my TA emailed me and said I still have a much better deal.

We both kinda think we caught it with a glitch (shocking I know) in January because Pop Standard was cheaper than Music or Sports Preferred then - and about $20 less a night than those two Standard are. I did tell her if they do make a drop while I am on my trip putting either less than what I have to go ahead and move it and I will do the e-doc when I get back on land. Just in case they see they need more of a drop rapidly.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking.

There’s a wait time on the website too…which I have never experienced before. It keeps saying 2’30", counts down…and then goes back to 2 minutes. Only been about 45 minutes though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I spent 3 hours on the phone (1.5 on hold before speaking to someone, another 1.5 on and off hold), but I saved $1,000!!!

14 Likes

Wow! How did you save that much? Are you going for two weeks?

so which # did you dial??? because i keep getting the same message from the agent “the reservation system is getting a magical upgrade and we cannot access it” 3 times i’ve waited on hold and gotten the same response!!!

Did anyone get any discounts at Poly? We’re booked for 7 nights in October. I contacted my travel agent today and she said she didn’t see any discounts at the Poly. She’s not the best, so wondering if anyone has heard any different?

I saved that on a 6 day stay at BWI club level.

1 Like

I called (407) 939-5277. I called at 8:45am (CST).

thanks!!!

This shows that there is a 10% discount, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there are rooms available for your dates.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magical-holidays-room-offer/

So it was work $333 an hour. That’s totally worth it!

2 Likes

Yes, definitely a good return on my time! And honestly, other than sitting in the car for about 20 minutes to finish the conversation, I just went about my normal business while I was on hold…I even grocery shopped!!

2 Likes

Online showed no availability for discounts when I went to modify my reservation this morning. I was considering changing everything to avoid my rack rates. I decided to call and see if a cast member could help. It took me twenty minutes of calling to finally get to join the queue. It kept telling me to call back. Toughing it out on the phone paid off! I was on hold for about 50 minutes. The super nice cast member was able to apply the discount to my reservation without changing a thing! So excited!! I was able to knock $935 off!

I keep checking MDE to make sure the discount sticks! :joy:

5 Likes

These dates are different than the ones in the TP email, so for fun I decided what constituted a deal from WDW.

For my family of 7 to spend 10 nights at Saratoga Springs in a 2 bedroom without park tickets it would cost us $7398. And I’d still have to pay parking.

My campground and four bedroom house comes to $1780.

I am clearly NOT Disney’s target audience…

(Now for “just” $2452, plus parking, we could get two All Star rooms.)

1 Like

What a crazy Disney day!! I just checked the website for the first time since about 9am, and I’m getting the same message. Those poor CMs handling the calls! I hope everyone that reaches them is being pleasant and realizes it’s not their fault!

2 Likes

I am making an exception for on site due to SWGE. Other than that, we almost always stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

1 Like

I called just now. On hold for 35 mins, but got someone who could help. Fall discount saved me $345.
Better than nothing!

4 Likes