Fall room discounts and fall free dining are finally here

The answer is no, it does not work for DVC members. Only cash paying customers.

1 Like

When did you book? Was it room only??

If you booked with an agent only they can make any changes. Hopefully you have a good one who is already working on it without your asking.

Room only dates cover October.

Halloween party helps them fill rooms

Nope

Anyone have any tips for getting through on the phones? Iā€™ve been getting busy/call back later messages all morning.

That will be status quo all day and evening.

2 Likes

As Dory would say, ā€œJust keep swimming!ā€ Keep trying. I got through once and found out it doesnā€™t work for me, but at least I found out.

1 Like

Haha, I like that advice! I am also not sure it will work (we are arriving one day before the dates start, but they will be effective the rest of our stay), so Iā€™m debating how much time I want to spend getting through. But hey, free dining is free dining, so itā€™s worth a shot!

Thatā€™s exactly why this is happening and is disappointing news for anyone who was hoping that September crowds would stay down.

1 Like

I think we booked in February or maybe March? So we had a pretty decent rate. We booked with parkhoppers and deluxe dining since this trip is all about eating and nighttime spectaculars for us :slight_smile: I looked at the room only and other discounts that just opened, and they would have saved us a little, but getting the free dining was extra sweet and saved us more.

Texted my agent as I woke up this morning. Sheā€™d already been on hold with Disney for 1.5 hours. :grimacing:

Doing a quick pricing out online it looks like we could save about $400. Of course, doing Disney math I asked her to move our room only the night before to AK from Pop. Crossing my fingers it all works out, could be a savings of $200 plus upgrading from a Value to a Deluxe (for just the one night).

1 Like

I just saw the TP email.
Sadly, it doesnā€™t extend into our dates. We miss it by a smidge.

I got up at 4:00 as I have been doing for 2 weeks, just to check for special offers. Was on hold on the phone with Disney for 2 hours just to verify that because I booked my October trip early, I could not save any money. Now I can go back to sleeping later than 4 a.m. So sad that free dining was not an option for October.

I got though but Iā€™m on hold for and estimated time of over 60 minutes :woman_facepalming:t2: Send magical thoughts my way :joy:

Spent an hour and 15 minutes on hold only to be told the system is down and to call back in another hour to see if itā€™s back up (around 1 EST for anyone else still on hold). Iā€™ll be screaming into a pillow if anyone needs me :joy:

2 Likes

I doubt this will have much of an impact. If SWGE didnā€™t raise the crowds, a limited offering of free dining wonā€™t either, especially since a lot of kids just started back at school.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t assume that @mpromenesko There are plenty of people who arenā€™t into SWGE who love Disney free dining promos.

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Not to mention many who will only book when there is free dining and who have been waiting for this offer for some time! I know a family with 2 littles who plan to book in Sept/Oct. Hope they get it!

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m sure this will bump crowds a bit. What Iā€™m saying is this wonā€™t turn Sept. from a 2-4 crowd level to a 7-9 crowd level.