Face Masks

I would definitely err on the larger side than you think you’ll need. But also be flexible in case you need to order more in a different size.

By the end of covid I’ll likely have more masks than underwear :crazy_face:

8 Likes

In a way I can see your point, but kids at certain ages definitely don’t seem as phased as we do as adults. My daughter is excited to have a mask that matches mommies. And having been home for 3 months, she doesn’t seem phased to be wearing a mask as long as it means she gets to go out and do things…
then again, mandatory masks in MA have been pretty much rule from the start of all this. I think we’re all just used to by now.
Its sad, but its the world we live in and we just have to go through the stages of grief and get to acceptance…

3 Likes

I have a confession to make. My daughter bought a mask at the SC Comicon last year and wore it a LOT way before COVID-19. Now she gets to legit wear it out and about and loves it. Of course, she’s not 6—she’s 18.

Me? Still using an N95 mask that I sterilize in my CPAP cleaner. At least it’s not on my ears, but it’s hot :hot_face:.

@Jeff_AZ Did you go by the sizing guide that Disney had on their website? Just curious as both my daughters measured as a medium and I’m hoping that really is true.

1 Like

I admittedly didn’t try the size guide - I was in too big a hurry to give Disney my money. :grimacing: But my kids are really small so I figured small would work for them, and it does, but barely. But it wouldn’t work for elementary kids of a normal size. I’ll let you know how the large fit when I get them.

1 Like

I cannot recall; I really hope I ordered Medium for DS and not a small. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

How did your wife adjust the elastics? We bought some and like them, but the elastic loops are a bit short.

She cut them off and sewed new elastic on that was longer.

The clerk at our local fabric store suggested adding some shoelace in the middle of the ear loop, to be more comfortable behind the ear. Guess it would depend on how wide the elastic is.

On Pawn Stars, they had someone bring in a British baby gas mask from WWII. And these rough, tough, Las Vegas pawn shop owners said no way, they were not selling that. It was too creepy.

In a place where anything goes and cash is king, I think that was the only time I saw them refuse to sell an item on moral grounds.

4 Likes

I got my large size masks today. They fit us adults great. They are too large for elementary age kids so I think we will stick with small and maybe try medium at some point for them.

They are at least as comfortable and breathable as the other masks I have. The only thing I don’t like is the over-the-ear design. We’re considering getting clips to wrap around the back of our heads or otherwise modifying them to tie instead of loop on the ears.

1 Like

Anyone who has a mask order: did your order not show up in your account? I just checked my account and there is nothing in there. I have a confirmation email from when I ordered (May 1). Am I not going to get my masks?

I am wondering the same thing. Confirmation when I ordered back in May but nothing since.

1 Like

I ordered on April 30th. Part of my order arrived on Monday, 6/22, the rest arrived on Thursday, 6/25. I did receive a confirmation when I ordered and an email when they were shipped. My daughter ordered within a day or 2 and gas not gotten a xhipping notice.
Be sure to check the masks when they arrive. My son’s Star Wars masks had 2 masks the same and no R2D2. I have written to Disney but have not heard back, yet.

1 Like

@illini74 What was the ship date you were given when ordering? Some people seem to be getting masks ahead of their ship date. And thanks for the tip about checking.

I tried to call, but the wait was 65 minutes. I sent an email; but I don’t feel good about my chances of hearing back.

1 Like

I am noticing a huge delay in the mail service these days. It may take longer than they quoted you.

1 Like

My memory was that mine would arrive June 28th? I got a shipped email on 6/21 and they arrived on 6/25.

1 Like

today we went for a walk up near our local shoreline city. It was quite crowded in parts and we put on masks for those parts. DD6 was complaining after 10 mins :flushed:
I keep telling her about how its going to be at disney in august… yikes. I have some work to do… LOL

2 Likes

Please let us know if you find clips that work. DH said he thought that his Star Wars masks give him Jughead ears.

1 Like