Face Masks

Was it the recording that sounded like Mary Poppins?

Nope, just a random voice.

The podcast I heard with the updated announcement in front of the castle sounded like Mary Poppins.

1 Like

Because of masks, we have extremely few photos from our August trip to Universal. The masks in the photos make me sad. I took some of DD and DH waiting for our food in a Harry Potter restaurant, since that was without masks. We got several ride photos from the water park, without masks. I got some of DH and DD playing in the water at the Destin beach. But, I couldn’t ask anyone else to take a photo of the three of us. I got one set of ride photos from Hagrid’s with masks to document that. Our photopass from the February trip was still active otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered. I don’t think that we were the only ones uninterested in mask photos since there was only one or two official photographers at each park and I never saw them do anything.

1 Like

9 Likes

For me, the masks remind me that we managed to have a fabulous time during a very difficult year. And I can tell DS is smiling in his eyes. When I make the annual photobook, the masks will help tell the story of 2020. It’s a part of history he will tell his kids about. And the PhotoPass photographers spent more time with us as a result of fewer people. Here are some of my favorite ‘smiling DS’ photos from last week.

16 Likes

Did the cooling fans work good? That looks nicer than having to carry it…

He really liked them, I felt they didn’t help. I prefer the small O2 Cool misting fan.

good to know, cuz they look like a great idea but if they’re not effective…

We didn’t do photopass pictures or anything like that, but we took a lot of selfies on our recent trip to WDW. The masks do not make me sad. I guess I have a very different outlook on that. This is what we are living through and the masks are part of the story. I’m just happy that we were able to go and have a good time before the school year set in with all of the remote learning stuff that no one really wants to do. It was exactly what we need and I’m glad we’ll have the memories - masks and all!

6 Likes

I suspect that they work without masks. But the breeze they make mostly blow on your mask, so we left them in the hotel after the first day.

We had a couple cooling fans that hung around the neck, but they weren’t like those. They were nice, though, in areas where the air was stagnant.

1 Like

cool… vital stats …details man… :wink:

We bought them from Aldi, so they were there exactly one week. Special buy. But let me see if I can find something similar.

wow, thanks!

Here is one very very similar.

1 Like

Wow, again thanks! You are SO kind!

humph… ppl trying to skirt rules, I’m sure they know better

5 Likes

@Randall1028, were these compliant at WDW? I was wondering about the foam type masks and if they were allowed.

Just found the perfect face masks for Halloween Disney​:joy::joy: seriously doubt they will go for it!

1 Like