Extended deluxe hours & virtual boarding group

No this makes it sound like you need to be able to get into MK, whether by reservation when it is your first park or with a hopper if it is not.

8 Likes

I hope so but itā€™s weird bc they changed the wording compared to the EPCOT GotG VQ.

ETA nevermind-- I looked it up and itā€™s actually the same wordage for Cosmic Rewindā€¦

2 Likes

Based on my February experience I donā€™t trust Disney IT, the way I interpret the ā€œwordingā€ is that to try for 6pm VQ you either need a park reservation or hopper ticket, but next time Iā€™m there I will make sure Iā€™m in the park before 6pm cause just having the hopper ticket didnā€™t work for me before

2 Likes

This is my plan at this point. I was hoping to wait to hop to MK until much later since their evening hours are so late! But better safe than sorry. I wonā€™t get a park reservation for the extended evening hours for now, unless they start to say you need a park reservation as well as valid admission, which would be a big transition.

Sameā€¦ I really didnā€™t want to be at MK before 6pm, would rather hop over around 730, but Iā€™ll do it before 6pm so I have a shot at a BG

1 Like

On a related topic - Any idea how difficult it is to get a BG for extended evening hours during the 6pm drop and what the wait times look like once your group is called? I know there isnā€™t a lot of data out there yet for Tron, but anyone with experience for Cosmic Rewind?

Iā€™ve also seen that they do not honor your BG for Tron if youā€™re outside of your 1 hour window. Any word on if this has also changed for Cosmic Rewind?

1 Like

I found the 6pm drop to be no challenge at all to obtain. I donā€™t recall what time we were called, but I know it was before fireworks. I would suggest NOT waiting to ride until after the fireworks LOL Everyone seemed to do that and the line was long then.

2 Likes

Iā€™m anxious to get more feedback on a MK deluxe extd hours night for the Tron 6pm VQ, specifically for these cases: 1) staying dvc, 2) using hopper convention ticket, 3) not tapped into MK before 6pm attempt (so in another park/s all day.) Trying to prepare for a 4ParksOneDay in June and my failed attempt to grab 6pm VQ for Guardians back in February has me questioning my June plans.

1 Like

Is there a reason why you think these are special cases? Iā€™m trying to understand your concern.

I think itā€™s because sometimes people can join the 6pm queue without tapping into the park but sometimes they canā€™t. Sheā€™s trying to figure out the circumstances I think.

2 Likes

Yes, I get #3 - there has def been confusion there. I just didnā€™t see why DVC or convention tix might matter.

Theyā€™re just other variables that might affect it.

3 Likes

If you havenā€™t tapped into MK before 6pm you wonā€™t be eligible for the 6pm VQ based on recent experience with GotG.

2 Likes

Have you heard anything since that happened on your January trip?

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen a post or 2 about it happening to others since January. Must be on another thread.

1 Like

I have seen reports for both those who could and those who couldnā€™t.

My own theory is that if you have a reservation for the park with extended hours but have not tapped in at all that day, you cannot join the VQ.

But as long as you have tapped in somewhere that day, whether

• the park in question (with the VQ)
    or
  • another park and have a hopper

then you can.

Note that this is my theory. It is not scientific, it is just based on the circumstances I have read and can recall where people could not try to join the VQ.

So in summary my theory is that you must have tapped in somewhere that day before 6pm to be eligible for the 6pm VQ.

I may be completely wrong, which is fine!

1 Like

I would say that if Tron is a ā€œmust doā€ for you then I would consider buying $ILL and picking your time for it. This would give you the most control over your day.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s really the only way to ensure you can ride it.

I still believe you have to have tapped into (but not stay in or be in) the park of the ride with the VQ at some point prior to 6pm to be able to join the queue.

since my last failed attempt I had park reservation at HS and stayed there all day, the Epcot 6pm did not work for my group. So my plan for 4ParkOneDay this June will be HS, Epcot at 1:47 with both VQ and iLL for Guardians, jump to MK just to tap in, then head to AK to catch a couple rides on EE and possibly FOP before going back to MK around 8pm with an iLL in hand for 9pm and hopefully a 6pm VQ ā€¦but it would be nice NOT to have to run over to MK just to tap in between Epcot and AK

1 Like

Contrary to what I suggested earlier, Iā€™ve just read a post on the DIS where a family were boarding their flight at 6pm so a friend did the VQ for them successfully.

Clearly they werenā€™t tapped into MK and they had an MK reservation for that day.

So it looks like hopping may be the common factor for it not always working as expected.

3 Likes