Extended deluxe hours & virtual boarding group

We had 5 day hopper tickets purchased directly from Disney so no issue there. We were deluxe resort guest the day before, day of, and day after extra hours so no issue there. We had been to our original park reservation park earlier in the day so no issue there.

All I can say, again, is that guest services CMs told us this was a recent policy change and were upset IT hadn’t updated the site to reflect the new policy change and they were dealing with a lot of other frustrated guests. They did give us a boarding group since we complained.

8 Likes

Is it definitely going away when Tron opens?

1 Like

Tron guidelines definitely say that to get a VQ you have to have a park ressie for that day. It’s a new line in the information that several of us were questioning as an update vs a mis-speak. But it is sounding more and more like it’s an intentional change to manage VQ a little more tightly.

From DisneyParks Blog:

When TRON Lightcycle / Run opens it will use a virtual queue, allowing guests the opportunity to experience the attraction later in the day and enjoy all that Magic Kingdom Park has to offer while they wait to enter the Grid. Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom Park on the same date will have the opportunity to request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app*

2 Likes

No, I meant is the virtual queue for Guardians going away. That’s how I read the post.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhh

I guess we don’t know officially but they’ve never had two VQs going at once (except for the one-day runDisney one for the merch)

I can’t imagine they are sophisticated enough to handle two :laughing:

3 Likes

I was hoping since it’s a different park they could cope. I’m going to have to redo my friend’s EP plans if there are no BGs. How inconsiderate of them.

9 Likes

Yes, I might have to restrategize as well for our May trip. At least I’ll have 6 weeks to see what happens with Tron and BGs before we go.

2 Likes

She goes 2 days after Tron opens and she’s never been before either. I’m worried but what can I do?

1 Like

I agree with this. It seems more like it is a glitch that they devolped a “policy” around. When half a group can get one and half can’t under the same circumstances, that’s a glitch.

2 Likes

For Tron, maybe theyvare only going to have one VQ sign up time? But then, will they allow EH guests to get a VQ for the evening?

I would guess theu keep the GOTG VQ for awhile. It keeps people out of line and in the parks.

My question is - does MK end up with 2 paid ILL or does 7DMT become the hottest LL out there?

3 Likes

So we are staying at the Dolphin, having a three day visit in the parks prior to avDisney Cruise. Because ofbour location, we decided to do park res for MK,AK, and HS, and use Epcot as our park hop for ease in the evenings at least 2 nights. So that means I cant do a VQ for Guardians? My grandchild does have a DAS, but its my understanding you have to have a VQ spot to use it. Can you purchase ILL if you have hoppers? Its definitely a ride we want to do.

Yes, purchase ILL for hopper 2pm or later in that case for Guardians.

3 Likes

Or hop to Epcot before 6pm. As long as you are /have tapped in before 6pm you can try for the 6pm VQ.

2 Likes

Edit: not totally clarified that you first need to enter the park for which you’re seeking a VQ.

Looks like they updated the website to clarify this (italics mine):

Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours––a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in Magic Kingdom park to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.

7 Likes

That partially clarifies it, but not completely.

If you have a different park reservation that day you must have already tapped into that park. That much we kinda already knew.

Technically if you have an MK reservation and haven’t tapped in, it sounds like you should be able to try for the 6pm VQ - but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Similarly, if you’re an AP holder so don’t need to make an MK reservation to enter the park (once that’s in effect), and haven’t yet entered MK - you might find you can’t try for the 6pm VQ.

Any brave volunteers to test out these scenarios?

2 Likes

You’re right, I misread, I thought they said “first enter the park for which you’re seeking a VQ”.

1 Like

Yeah still does not align with my experience in January. We had a park reservation for some other park that morning which we used. We then attempted the 6pm GotG queue from our resort and were not eligible. Upon arriving at Epcot we were told we had to have also tapped into epcot at some point prior to 6 as well.

So really it should read you must have tapped into the for which you are trying to obtain a VQ earlier in the day, but do not need to physically still be in the park at 6.

4 Likes

Agreed! This was my exact experience in February, was at HS all day, attempted 6pm with deluxe hotel stay and denied BG for Guardians, next time I’ll be sure to have tapped into park before 6pm at some point

3 Likes

Wow this is a big change. I’m going to have to change my plans bc I was planning to hop to the evening hours resorts after touring other parks. This is super annoying!

2 Likes

This makes it sound like we do need to have a park reservation for MK?

1 Like