Everything OI Event

This is correct. On the IOA side it’s between Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoopendous and One Fish Two Fish. You have to cross an internal street (so look out for golf carts) and go thru what will be open gates.

*You take this same passage during VIP tours btw.

3 Likes

Thank you!! This might be useful for us as I map out our itinerary.

If you dont make the lottery ask anyway. Im three for three and only once with a “ticket”

It’s lovely at night!

3 Likes

Time to get planning for real! We’ll be dropping our bags at Adventura around 1 pm Friday (doing the OI event Saturday). Any votes for lunch? I was thinking about getting a Cowfish resi but wondered if anyone has feedback on quick service options - or if there are any? Either at Adventura or CityWalk. We’re headed to DS for Gideons and Drawn to Life that night and I’m inclined to do either a bigger late lunch around UOR or something small to tide us over until a dinner in DS.

Urban Pantry at Adventura, Red Oven Pizza or Breadbox at CityWalk seem to be options that are close by and efficient…any feedback on any of these? I’ll add that I’d like to stay close-ish to Adventura until we can check into our room in the afternoon, rather than waiting until we get back from DS that night to be able to unpack a little bit.

1 Like

We always enjoy Breadbox. It’s not fancy but its good. We like the bbq brisket sandwich. Their fries and tots are good too.

1 Like

I love brisket! Thanks that’s helpful. Definitely don’t need fancy. I have a CowFish resi for Saturday at 3 pm before the OI event and we may do Jock Lindsey’s on Friday before Drawn to Life, they do a holiday overlay and some special cocktails that I’ve been meaning to try. I know this is a Universal thread but I am loving trips with a bit of both “worlds”!

1 Like

I like dual trips as well! On our last Universal trip earlier this month, we also went to Disney Springs one evening and ate at Homecomin’ and hung out there (DS) listening to live music,

I think many of us mix it up on our Orlando trips to take advantage of what we can from both kinds of magic. Planning to do the same for our December trip for the OI meetup. With respect to your immediate question, our family likes Red Oven Pizza for a quick service spot. Some of the kids say it is their favorite pizza (which hurts since I make a lot of homemade :pizza: :joy:).

1 Like

Thanks! It’s always nice to have a couple options. I do think DS has some advantages over CityWalk…so it’s nice to get my Disney fix over there.

Is it worth getting the UO lines app for this event alone? I’m thinking it won’t give very accurate times once the event starts. We are planning on arriving slightly before 5 pm but I’m not sure the best way to use that before 5 pm time - we will have just eaten and there aren’t shows I’m super interested in (unless Poseidon’s Fury is still open, I love that attraction).

When’s the best time to do Hagrids? I’m ok leaving it for late that night but a little nervous it could go down and I don’t want to miss it. Will have to watch the weather too I suppose.

Sure! It’s a handy app with a map and a ton of features. I guess if you are really low on memory you don’t “have” to use it. You might have a need before the event that the app will be the best way to assist.

Really?? Are you aware that there will be unlimited all-you-can-eat food at every restaurant in the parks during OIM?? They even give you a $15 gift card to use for the first hour of the event when the food isn’t quite ready.

PF will not be available during the event. (I love it too!!)

Sadly, there isn’t one. This is the only ride that will have any significant wait. You are going to “lose” a chunk of the event waiting in that queue. They do stop admitting people for that attraction early. They don’t allow you to get in the queue right before the event stops. I have heard people say they went an hour before the event was over and couldn’t get in queue. The TMs have to be off the clock ASAP after the event. If you must do Hagrid’s, do it as soon as you can so you don’t miss out. Then you can figure out what you can still do with the remainder of the night. (I’d plan for at least a one hour wait)

4 Likes

I know! I’m sure we will eat later on, there’s just so much to do in one night! It’s hard for me to prioritize food over rides. With late “lunch” at 3 pm we’ll be set until 9-10pm.

1 Like

Ahhh… The food is a priority for me!

FYI - The food “officially” stops 30 minutes before the event closing. However, you’ll see places start shutting down and not refilling before that. Don’t wait too late! :wink:

The wait should be lower than the daytime wait after some point, right? Like 9 pm when all the day guests are gone for sure? I’ve only been on the one time and waited about 100 minutes. We were mid pack of rope drop and it went down first thing in the morning.

Can you tell I don’t know how to multi quote on my phone? We will maybe probably do PF in that 5-8pm time frame.

From all my research that Hagrid’s queue will never be under one hour even during the event. People queue up for it just like at RD and then it stays full until they cut off the queue.

Ahhh!! Makes sense!

I’m going back in February. Coincidentally, the next OIM meet-up is that same weekend. I’m going to go both of those nights. Now, I’m using this OIM trip as my “scouting” trip so I’ll know what it’s “really” like instead of researching forums & watching YT!

I’m curious if it would make sense to do PF then Hagrid’s starting at 5 pm. Can anyone with a subscription share the predicted crowd levels for USF and IOA for 12/10? I’m studying thrill data now.

1 Like

@bebe80 thank you for putting the data in one post!! Perhaps getting in line at 7pm would work best to ensure we get on, and by the time we get off the event will be on and we can get Butterbeer and get ready for allll the rides for the rest of the night!

Things I’m considering doing prior to 7 pm so far are enjoying the decor in Seuss Landing (maybe from the Seuss Trolley), PF and maybe using that $15 gift card to grab some tots or drinks for the Hagrid’s line.

Debating the following overall plan for after Hagrid’s: Raptor Encounter (the line is always long when I’m there! All 2 times I’ve tried haha), VC (maybe a couple times, that coaster is just amazing), Pteranodon Flyers?, maybe Kong, Hulk. Cross over to USF for RRR, Minions, Mummy (that’s another one that might get multiple rides), Transformers then all of WWHP (except Hagrid) - Diagon Alley and HE back Hogsmeade. Is this too ambitious?

2 Likes