Everything OI Event

If you are 100% ride focused and staying for the entire event then this is doable. You’ll be “marching / power walking” to everything, but the queues during the event really are low - except for Hagrid’s & WWHOP food / drinks.

1 Like

Definitely staying the whole time!

Since my plan between VC and arriving in Diagon Alley is more flexible (except for Mummy which is non-negotiable, I’ll see what the group wants to do in terms of rides) I’m thinking I should make a plan to arrive at Diagon Alley at the latest by…10:30?

Enter Diagon Alley and explore a bit - 20 minutes
Escape from Gringotts - 20 minutes
Hogwarts Express - 20 minutes
Arrive in Hogsmeade explore and pictures with castle - 25 minutes
Forbidden Journey - 20 minutes
Hippogriff? - 20 minutes

That would bring us to 12:35. Are my estimates too optimistic? At least there’s not much walking time, especially if WWHP isn’t shoulder to shoulder like in “normal” times.

Just got my Feb. 3 & 4 OIM tickets! The total with tax is $387.68 … :scream:

I’ve been following OIM long enough to remember when each night was $150 individually & $250 for both nights! Oh well… this Feb trip is the last of my AP and this will be a fun way to close out my AP journey.

@BlastThatPeterPan

I think you may be surprised that you’ll probably walk onto FJ & Hippo. I really think you’re OK as long as the HE is running consistently and not waiting for a full load to depart.

1 Like

People say it’s just Disney but it’s not! We will revisit the possibility of APs in 2025 when Wpic Universe Opens and my kids are big enough to ride more things at UO. Sad thing is the current price point still seems like a deal…and honestly is compared to the WDW after hours events.

1 Like

The WWHP food item I am most interested in Florean Fortescues…is that line going to be terrible all night? I’d consider just paying for that and bringing it into the Hagrid’s line.

The later you can wait to get food the better. There will be a queue in WWOHP locations before the event starts of people waiting for food. Once that rush is over, it gets better. I’m planning on going to Florean Forescues after 10pm. I still expect a wait though…

1 Like

I’m in the actual planning stages of what I want to accomplish out of the OIM. I am lucky enough to be able to go to three nights. I see too many vloggers try to eat it all in one night or get stuck waiting for Hagrid’s.

My OIM goals are Pteranodon Flyers - at least once. Then 3 - 4 other rides each night and 5 eateries.

Night #1 = Jurassic Park Rides / Food = Circus McGurkus, Hop On Pop Ice Cream, Thunder Falls, Louie’s, Cafe Labama

Night #2 = Kong & Marvel Island Rides and Arcade Games/ Food = Fire Eaters, Wimpy’s, Blondie’s, Hopping Pot and WWOHP

Night #3 = USF Rides and Springfield Carnival Games / Food = Finnegan’s, Fast Food Blvd. and Springfield, HP Ice Cream

I think those are pretty manageable goals. I fully expect to get a ride or two more than planned. I think the food is going to be a lot of sampling. I’m really excited! I’m mostly concerned that I won’t have the stomach to eat it all!

2 Likes

What’s OIM again?

Orlando Informer Meet-up

It’s an after hours event where the park is open and a lot of the QS food is all you can eat included

1 Like

Can just anyone attend (with a ticket, of course)?

Yes. Of course, if they have tickets left for your desired date.

2 Likes

Yep! You can, typically, enter the parks at 5pm. They clear out anybody not wearing an event wristband by park closing time. The park is still open for guests that paid to attend the event while day guests are leaving. You are given a $15 gift card to buy any food or drinks while you wait for the event to “officially” start - about an hour after park close. There will be unlimited food and rides until about 1am.

You can buy a single night ticket for $250 or both nights for $365.

https://meetup.orlandoinformer.com/feb/

https://meetup.orlandoinformer.com/feb/#cta

Also, a big bonus is that they allow a limited number of adults to ride Pteranodon Flyers without a child being present! I confess that getting on that ride is a big reason I even paid to go to the event!!

3 Likes

That is my big wish for the event too!!!

3 Likes

If anyone wants the list of eateries and food items for the event

https://help.orlandoinformer.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048886874-What-s-the-Orlando-Informer-Meetup-unlimited-food-menu-

I asked if all the WWOHP beverages, like Otter’s Fizzing OJ, would be available. I was told they “should” be, but they aren’t allowed to promise it - outside of Butterbeer of course!

3 Likes

I asked them about the Simpsons carnival games–they will not be open after the parks close to daytime guests (but the arcade games in both parks will be available on free play).

Oh no! I was really looking forward to them! I love playing those games, but don’t care about the prizes. I am playing in the Marvel Island arcade though!

It’s getting close guys! I’m so excited. I would normally struggle with not carrying a water bottle but we are going Fanny pack only (will test the “3 prong buckle” rule at Hagrid’s) to cut down on locker time. This also means I can’t bring my wand but I’m not that good at making the spells work anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How close? :blush:

1 Like

23 until arrival in Orlando, 24 days until the event!!!

2 Likes

It’s getting close!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like