Everything, except Via

But Giordano’s Orlando will deliver to your resort! I agree with your assessment, we used to live right up the street from Giordano’s in Chicago. Nothing better!!

Listen, whatever you do, if you end up at VN: please read the menu carefully and even if your pizza costs $50 leave an appropriate tip.

Or you’ll end up internet famous :wink:

9 Likes

Ooh. Sounds like there’s a story there I’m not aware of!

2 Likes

Well, wow. What kind of self-entitlement is that? But getting down to the bottom, disdad’s response was heartwarming!

But, we will be sure to tip appropriately! :slight_smile: I include it as part of my budgeting spreadsheet, in fact!

6 Likes

3 Likes

Did you put out a reservation finder? I’m sure you’ll get one soon!

Yes, when I checked in for my ADR at trattoria I heard a family explain they had re-thought. I think they just charge for total no-shows.

Not for nothing, @ryan1, but if Little Ceasars is your “go to” pizza and Giordano’s is what you consider “best,” you won’t like the pizza at VN (or you won’t at least think it’s worth it at all). It’s Napoli-style pizza, which is very different from the type of pizza to which you are accustomed. I’d walk over to the Boardwalk and get their pizza instead…

4 Likes

Man. I’ve had a run in with that woman and I have to say, her behavior is always like that. I’m glad the CM outed her.

1 Like

Sounds fair - I’m willing to pay the no-show penalty if it comes to that. But really just hoping my anxiety about it all will be short-lived . . . or else I’m going to be eating outside the whole time :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh, I know. I’ve had Napoli-style pizza before, and liked it a lot. I guess my point is…I ain’t all that picky! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yep. Hopefully it will come through.

1 Like

I’ve added Beaches and Cream to our list of ADRs now. It was a spontaneous decision. Months ago, my wife and I talked about being able to go to Ample Hills on the Boardwalk, which obviously can’t happen any longer. But when I was looking to see if there was anything worth booking as an ADR on our second HS (we don’t currently have any TS booked that day), I realized when I saw Beaches and Cream listed that I wasn’t going to be able to get my chocolate shake (made with chocolate ice cream!) with our current selections. So now I have B&C booked. I didn’t realize until I booked that they also have actual food, not just dessert.

4 Likes

I live in NJ, where that style of pizza is more prevalent, and even I find VN to be ok. Nothing fantastic, but not terrible. We don’t seek it out typically because we can have that kind of food whenever we want, but I don’t think it’s bad.
You couldn’t pay me to eat little caesars or that tomato soup in a bread bowl that passes for pizza in Chicago. :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL! That might be the most perfectly apt description I’ve ever heard for Chicago style pizza in my life…

:rofl: I do like some of it, but this description is right on.

I can’t take credit for it, it was from a Jon Stewart rant when he was still hosting the Daily Show.

1 Like

Well, it was perfect timing on your part and made me LOL.

My husband is from The Bronx NY (I am a Texan but lived in NYC for a few years in my 20s) and New York pizza is everything.

1 Like

This will be me in 16 days. Guarantee it.

2 Likes