Epic Universe News & Construction Updates

Read the official rules as well to see when the trip had to be taken, but also noticed the distinction between the entry to Epic Universe and a 3 park, 3 day park-to-park ticket to the three Universal parks that are currently open.

So question for @len :Since the drawing isn’t until July, 2025, could this be an indication that, at least initially, EU will require a separate ticket for entry and will not be included in a multi-park, multi-day ticket?

2 Likes

Most likely! UOR has already released a ticket model to vendors that excludes Epic from any ticket packages / Annual Passes.

The speculation is that you will have to buy single day / separate tickets for Epic - even AP holders - during the opening months of the new park.

3 Likes

You’re reading that wrong, the picking isn’t part of the opening just that you win then. They set this up three months ago so I don’t think anything is planned with an opening date in mind.

2 Likes

I think if I won the sweepstakes, I’d happily buy at least another one more day to Epic for my family. I doubt that they’d have a problem with the winners paying for upgrades.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s the more likely explanation! I just want it to hurry up and get done!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I do think there’ll be separate admission required to EU, as said above. And it’ll be a priority-based system using spending as the metric, along the lines of:

• On-site guests at Signature hotels with multi-day stays and multi-day park tickets
  • On-site guests at Prime Value hotels with multi-day stays and multi-day park tickets
  • On-site guests at Inns & Suites with multi-day stays and multi-day park tickets
  • :
  • Annual passholders
  • :
  • Those shunned by polite society, personae non gratae, etc.
  • :
  • People who want to visit EU for the day just to look around

What I’m not sure about is how they’ll rank length-of-stay and length-of-ticket. Does a 3-night stay with a 2-day ticket get priority over a 2-night stay and 3-day ticket?

At some point they’ll have to keep the rules simple enough to be understandable and implement.

4 Likes

As an AP holder from out-of-state it kinda sucks knowing that I even though I stay on-site I’d have to buy dated tickets to get “priority”… :sob:

1 Like

I feel like I assumed that there would be some required ratio to the multi-day tickets, like 1 Epic for every 2-3 days of “other parks.” No clue what they might do about APs though.

1 Like

In a way isn’t that just the old school WDW phased closing system?

2 Likes

WDW doesn’t always follow this wise guidance :slight_smile:

4 Likes
2 Likes