Epic Universe News & Construction Updates

I like Starfall Racers better, but I’ll get used to the change, I suppose.

(Stardust is the code name for the Death Star, and the nickname Jyn Erso’s father uses for her. So I like the name, but it is already tied to Star Wars in my mind.)

2 Likes

was all I thought about with the announcement

And now the purple dusk of twilight time
Steals across the meadows of my heart
High up in the sky the little stars climb
Always reminding me that we’re apart
You wander down the lane and far away
Leaving me a song that will not die
Love is now the stardust of yesterday
The music of the years gone by

1 Like

The preview center has got it’s signage! Yea!!

The TV screens above are coming along as well

4 Likes

Do we know when it will be open? Hopefully in time for my trip this month.

All we know right now is “June”. Your trip is pretty late in the month so you may get to see it!! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The walls are down as of this morning!

8 Likes

There’s now an “Epic Universe Preview Center” App…

It seems like you’ll get an AR experience with the app at the center to “bring the model to life”

4 Likes

This looks like a good option for an A/C break between the long walk out of the parks and getting on a bus or boat!

2 Likes

Didn’t plan on going to UO on July trip…but definitely gonna try and head over to city walk to check it out

2 Likes

Or those nights when I’m strolling around CityWalk snacking, drinking and shopping! I don’t like sitting in my hotel room. Often I’ll stroll around CityWalk and/or take water taxis to hotels until it’s very late!

3 Likes

The TVs are up and running!

4 Likes

Epic Universe Preview Center is doing media previews today and tomorrow per rumors. TMs are reported able to visit the 11th and 12th. I think there’s a good chance the store opens this week, with it officially open for the opening of DreamWorks Land and opening the new nighttime show.

7 Likes

I’m seeing the media preview footage on socials and Dark Universe/Ministry of Magic art renderings look amazing!!! I can’t wait to check the preview center out in person!!! Exciting times.

5 Likes

Any one else get an email reservation update for Stella Nova?

Can’t see any difference from original reservation

1 Like

I got an “updated reservation” email for Aventura a few days after I booked it. Wasn’t any different from what I could tell either.

5 Likes

I know it seems minor, but I’m kind of disappointed that they are having fog effects for the launch on Starfalldust Racers. If you don’t wear glasses, it is no big deal. But if you do, and you fail to block your lens with your hands, you end up with misted-over glasses and you can’t see for a portion of the ride until the mist evaporates. I have this trouble on Hulk, and have to remember to cover my glasses each time or else I miss part of the ride. I really wish they wouldn’t have misters on the ride…particularly at the very start of the ride. It means having to block my glasses on the launch itself.

7 Likes

We’ve been through this. You know I hate it when you make reasonable points.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I emailed UOR guest services and expressed my take on having misters when wearing eyeglasses. I doubt anything will come if it…but at least I said something!

5 Likes