Epic Universe News & Construction Updates

Do you think it will be individual purchase?

I agree with others that I would be fine with no skip the line options, especially at the beginning.

1 Like

I don’t don’t know, I’d love to see them NOT sell Express at opening after the VB mess (they stopped selling after a few days because the park was a mess) but I will neve bet against them recouping this investment ASAP.

3 Likes

Umm ok so you have never encountered a line at test track, toy story mania, spaceship earth, kali River rapids ect…if you would prefer I could rattle off some from UO,DLR, UH and half a dozen other parks- being those all have separate loading areas for those that need some extra time loading in wheelchairs and or other mobility devices THEY STILL GET LINES! There is nothing they can do about the older rides but a lot they could have done with the more recent additions.

1 Like

Actually I think those examples are very popular so they do get longish lines but they load really fast! It’s a good model for other rides to emulate.

That’s my point the change from FP+ to GP never really changed the ratio of standby to lightning lane. Most of my other park passes include some form of express pass option and charge incredibly more for skip the line service- and when I use the skip the line service it works better - I don’t encounter the waits I do at Disney.Same problem different name but now you gotta pay for it.

Disney IMO gives in too much to certain “influencers” for the free publicity and that’s half of the reason for the nonsense we are seeing now tack on how they have gone away from actual from adding mobility access areas and it’s a problem.

I have somewhat different opinion I am hoping that they offer similar options as Nintendo Hollywood. Early Entry and VIP tour access.

2 Likes

Universal has some solutions to this. On MiB there is a mobile platform that guests can take their time to transfer to. Then when the compatable ride vehicle comes along they quickly load the mobile platform onto the ride! On FJ there is a totally separate, stationary load platform on the other side of the regular load for guests who need time loading onto the ride.

It’s like lean manufacturing but for theme parks. I nerd out on this stuff. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Have you experienced this side Joe?

My son and I along with 2 others got rerouted to unload there. DS realized first that we were going a different way, and we were very confused. There was one guest waiting to load and only one TM there.

The TM gave us verbal instructions on how to exit the castle. So we were on our own. Take a right down the hall, find the elevator and go to level 3, then down the hall to another elevator and down to level one. We were surprised there was no one guiding us to exit. It was very cool to wander the castle through the backstage area!

6 Likes

Cool! I did not know those rides have that. Space Mountain at Disneyland has a separate loading platform as well.

1 Like

That reminds me. DS and I have been on FJ so many times, we started looking at how the ride system works.

If you lean all the way forward, look left any right, you can see the kuka arm ride system of other guests. And of course the edges of the round screens. And mechanical props too and how they work. It’s fun! Jeff, I think you should try this next time instead of staring into the screen. :pleading_face: :nauseated_face: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, rode it once that side with a friend who has a GAP.

2 Likes

I think it will take 10 years till I’m ready to ride again. :sweat_smile: Last time I tried pretty much everything. I took Dramamine, looked to the sides, closed my eyes, etc etc. Nothing worked. My stomach just doesn’t like being lurched like that for some reason. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

1 Like

I had to close my eyes on FJ and I am only slightly sensitive to screens and motion.

1 Like

So sad. I guess you won’t be riding Monsters Unchained then?

1 Like

Probably not. I don’t think Kuka systems agree with me. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Disneyland has a few - that we experienced including radiator springs…

It’s crazy to me that Disney pretty much stopped doing this on newer rides…but I am not the only one that feels this way. When Pandora opened there was definitely some fierce discussions…especially Navi

It’s not really well known and you really gotta search to figure this out and CMs do not automatically offer it, at least that’s been my experience. IMO is disappointing that the most you get from guidebooks ect is must transfer - not how… and that slows me down a lot if it’s a new to me ride -
Tron is perfect example- even though @ThorKat was kind enough to fill me in on the boarding process, I still needed to work out the how am I going to do this once we got to the platform. My kids and I stood in the back for a solid 10 minutes to figure it out.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Starfall Racers looks really cool. The only racing coasters I have ever been on had long since ceased using both tracks simultaneously (likely due to the stupidity of its riders). I’m sure this ride will have a similar security setup as Hulk, Rip-Ride-Rockit, and Velocicoaster with metal detectors and free lockers for belongings, and hopefully a two-sided locker setup like Velocicoaster.

6 Likes

Here’s the official announcement about the Epic Preview Center opening in June!

7 Likes

After a trademark dispute, the dueling roller coaster name has officially changed from Starfall Racers to Stardust Racers

6 Likes

I like “Stardust” better anyway! It sounds prettier!

3 Likes