Epic Universe News & Construction Updates

I’d rather WDW add more high quality attractions to each of the existing parks first:

(1) MK - develop plot behind BTMRR;
(2) EP - add rides to a few more countries in World Showcase, a high end re-do of Figment, and an attraction/re-imagining of the old Wonders of Life Pavilion;
(3) HS - add a few more mid-tier rides; and
(4) AK - add a new land (in addition to the conversion of Dinoland).

5 Likes

I approve of this message.

1 Like

This! Build more capacity in the existing parks, and turn the half day parks, into full day parks.

3 Likes

Was at Mall Of America today to ride the ride they have that is like the one at Isle of Berk…sadly, the ride was down and so I couldn’t. We rode something else, instead.

6 Likes

Whatcha doin’ in Minneapolis?

2 Likes

Visiting my DD and DSIL!

2 Likes

Japan version of the Donkey Kong coaster is testing!

https://x.com/scottgustin/status/1776424130088145313?s=46&t=o5hb2IhktPeuVj4nnnvyVA

6 Likes

Thanks for trying!

2 Likes

I am all about the airtime and not about the g’s so this makes me so happy to watch.

It will be interesting to see because Velocicoaster is Intamin and this is Mack rides so they may look similar but could be very different. Wiki says this reaches peak speeds of 62 mph compared to Velocicoaster which is over 70. That may reflect the different coaster manufacturers - Intamin’s latest coasters use a multilaunch system to gain speed. This looks like it relies less on launches. That adds to the floaty feel but slower speeds. Mack did Slinky Dog, which is what I thought of while watching this - its a grown up version of Slinky!

I am definitely excited for this coaster!

2 Likes

This was my thought exactly. If they are going for this level of immersion, I will.at least rewatch the first and watch a couple of others. The land just looks fun.

2 Likes

They say Isle of Berk takes place right after the second movie. I’ll definitely rewatch those!

3 Likes

There isn’t a half pipe coaster in Berk.

Yes, I know. I was talking about the Sky Fly.

ah ok!

Universal released a concept / art video of the interior of both Stella Nova & Terra Luna. They have “Aventura” vibes when it comes to furnishing and design.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I watched it earlier and was really impressed with how much the Dark Universe portal has come along.

You can really see how much the WWOHP portal was supposed to be Fantastic Beasts now with the artwork and circus tents going up. I hope they find a way to balance out what they were going to do with FB and incorporating it more into HP

2 Likes