Epic Southwest Change Policy for Summer Travel (6/7 - 8/10) EXPIRED AGAIN

Same!!

I don’t fully understand how to make this work for my situation. I booked our flights down for 6/6 for $210 each. Now the flights are $225 for the same flight. But other flights that day are $109. Could I book the $109 then change it to my original time (currently $225) and then cancel my original tickets?

I haven’t booked my return flights yet.

You could only do that if you bought refundable tickets.

I did not buy a refundable ticket. But maybe could use the canceled flight for booking my flight home? Hm

Or Maybe I can book our return flight home for $109 on 6/6 and change it to 6/14 our actual day to return … if I can cancel within 24 if it doesn’t work…why am I scared to try this! Ahh

Ahhh, thank you for this heads up!! We had BOS-FLL tix booked in May for a cruise. My parents are watching my kids but we were trying to be cheap on points so we had super late and terribly connecting flights booked. I just canceled those and rebooked and then moved. We saved 5k points and fly home a day earlier! Nana and Papa, these sleep deprived parents and our wallet salute you!

We had a hiccup of not being able to book me as companion on the web and I panicked that the fares had sold out, but we fired up the app and had no problem!!

My DH is very seriously trying to wrangle an April trip now! If I thought I could swing a WDW trip I would! Damn August use-year!

3 Likes

You could probably change the flight to the $109 Flight and get the remainder $100 as a flight credit. But, if it is only allowing you to do “free” changes online you may have to call and they will do it for you and issue the credit. I have done that before. Then you could hopefully change the flight back to your previous time and use the credit for the other flight.

I am tempted to use this for flights I have booked the week after this ends,(I could just move them back a week and back up right?) but I’ve already changed one twice and the other 3 times (we have 600.00 in credits for 5 passengers). I like what I currently have booked though, and one only has 2 left so I guess I won’t be greedy.

1 Like

Just convinced my husband to add a day to our trip since the flight a day before was over $500 and we could switch for free :sweat_smile: Better departure time, too.

2 Likes

AMAZING!!! I was finally able to book our return flights for our April trip for $97 per person when it was going to have to be $250 per person for a worse flight or $409 per person for the better flight we got! THANK YOU.

2 Likes

I just did this for my April Star Wars race trip – thank you!

1 Like

and tagging @Dreamer in case this is helpful for her upcoming trips

1 Like

I canceled and rebooked my May trip to Orlando to save 11000 points.

3 Likes

Thanks. I do have a trip in April!!

This thread just saved me about $250 on mine!

2 Likes

Fabulous!!

Dang I wish this was for our march trip. The flights are so bonkers that we ended up adding an extra night at the poly for less than the fare difference between days

Same! I have our return tickets but still haven’t gotten our tickets there. I think this is the week I just buy them regardless of the price.

We are in the same boat. We usually go in the summer, but we had to change our plans last month to first week of March and no flexibility on the dates. Resort prices are higher and predicted crowds are higher. We’ve never paid so much for flights before and I have been hoping they would drop. Now the flights I want are sold out at the Wanna get away rate. I wish this opportunity had been good for March! :anguished:

1 Like

Another giant thank you for this post! You just helped me talk my husband into another trip and saved me over 700$ in the process! Flower and Garden Festival, here I come!

4 Likes