Epic Southwest Change Policy for Summer Travel (6/7 - 8/10) EXPIRED AGAIN

OMG Thank you!

I have been fretting over the cost of airfare like you have no idea for my April trip

I just booked for $139 pp one way for 4/22 at an awful flight time, and then just modified AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to a 6am nonstop on 4/24 my desired date and time. This flight is showing a list cost of greater than $400 right now.

I did it for my return flight too

AMAZING Best savings in a long time THANK YOU!

7 Likes

This is awesome! I wish I had a use for it!!!

Enjoy to all of you who can make this work.

Thanks! We just changed our flights to a closer airport that was much more expensive during release day!

1 Like

My outbound is $516, my return $401. I have round trip for $1100 total for my family of FOUR

I feel like I need to send you a present @Bozni

4 Likes

Nope. I did it within 5mins of booking

2 Likes

Gah, Iā€™m so tempted now to book another trip :rofl:

3 Likes

Nope

1 Like

That is fabulous!!! I wish i had somewhere to go.

3 Likes

@Halosa

Lol, enjoy an extra Mickey premium bar in honor of me.

1 Like

I cannot possibly consume $2558 worth of Mickey bars, and thatā€™s what your post has saved me!

5 Likes

Ok thanks! I read the linked article. (I am assuming that they were talking about March 2019 in the article and not March 2020?) Anyway, I was hoping based on @FindMeAFishingSpotā€™s earlier post that this might work for me as well for our March trip, but our dates are not flexible. Prices on the flights I need are out of control. In fact, for the return flight, the Wanna Get Away fares are sold out. Congrats everyone who was able to take advantage of this opportunity! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Wow! That IS substantialā€¦enough to plan another solo trip with? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this work on the Wanna get away prices or only full price? Iā€™ve never flown southwest but am very tempted by this deal! We got home late last night from WDW and already trying to squeeze another trip in the budget!

Yes all mine are wanna get away.

No. But enough that I donā€™t have to cancel this one.

We were considering flying out of PVD, which we have done several times, but even those one -way flights are $250+ at this time.

I was honestly beginning to wonder if we could swing the airfare to get to our paid-for (DVC) accommodations

I only ever book Wanna Get Away

I believe you have to stick to the same fare class that you originally booked in. I booked Wanna Get Away and it only offered me changes under those fares.

So, Iā€™d like to share what this enabled me to do. I had originally booked a bounceback for Pop for 7 nights next summer. Bought airfare knowing I could change if needed at some point (probably). When the AP discounts were released I found that if I just shifted one day forward, I could stay at Coronado Springs for the 7 nights for less money than Pop. Thatā€™s what I really wanted to do but all the times I could afford with my SW points were terrible. This enabled me to change days and get the perfectly timed, direct flights I wanted. THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

If anyone sees a break like this for March dates, please post. Thanks!

1 Like