Epic Southwest Change Policy for Summer Travel (6/7 - 8/10) EXPIRED AGAIN

The message is now gone and the option to rebook within 14 days of original flight is no longer an option. At least for this window of time.

Hope everyone pounced while the pouncing was good!

1 Like

Yep, gone for me too.

Did you buy your tickets yet? I am still hand-ringing. Prices are very high and the return flights that we want are still sold out at the Wanna get away rate. I feel like 3/7-3/14 is a terrible week to go to WDW but we are stuck with it. I was hoping at 3:00 PM today, SW prices would go down, but they went up. I guess itā€™s time to give up and pay the price?

I havenā€™t bought mine yet. I keep going back and forth on it. The frustrating part is that the flight the week before and after are almost $500 cheaper (family of 5). Where are you flying from? Can we trade dates lol- your dates are super cheap for me!!

They know when everyoneā€™s spring breaks are!

I guess so- itā€™s so hard to spend so much one flights! Iā€™d rather spend it while at Disney world! I just keep thinking that $500 could pay for after hours for my whole family. Not sure itā€™s worth it to hold out any longer on airline tickets though!

I finally bought them today. I happened to wake up at 4am and checked and the price had dropped a couple hundred dollars. Fingers crossed you find a good deal too!

2 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s amazing! Congrats! Was that price drop this morning 1/22? Did the price go back up later in the morning? Was the ā€œcouple hundred dollarsā€ for all 5 of you or per ticket? Something just seems strange to me. Today/tonight every flight on our day of departure is the same price. Iā€™ve never seen that before! I feel like SW is screwing around with the fares.

They are definitely messing with the fares! Ours were so expensive but then randomly dropped a few weeks ago and I was able to reschedule better flight times for less money ( I might have been obsessively checking). Now they are back up again.

2 Likes

I saved $180 total for all 5 tickets (one way)- so about $36 per ticket. When I checked at 6am the price went back to what it was last night. When I was tracking prices last night, I saw one flight (not the one I wanted) just $50 in less than 5 minutes. Itā€™s insane! My DH said that a lot of airlines use AI to constantly change ticket prices and said to check in the middle of the night one time and I just happened to wake up and then decided to check. Last week, the price dropped on Sunday around 11:30am but I stalled and missed the deal.

1 Like

What is the timeframe of your travel?

Helps to be incognito when searching too

3 Likes

Explain?

Airlines can inflate prices based on your IP address and saved cookies. Open a ā€œprivate tabā€ in safari or go ā€œincognitoā€ in chrome.

4 Likes

Ok thanks, I understand now. I always delete cookies, but I was unaware of Private Mode. I am going to try the middle of the night thing tonight. I get up at 5:00 AM every day, but I will try a little earlierā€¦

1 Like

From what I have seen, it seems to me that airline prices for spring break weeks this year have been very high compared to prior years. I have no hard data on this other than me looking at fares.

1 Like

@I_LikeWarmHugs The price on my 3/7 SW flight was down this AM. I saved over $300 on flights for the 4 of us! You may want to check your flight prices today!

3 Likes

I believe that this is active again now for dates 6/7 - 8/10! I donā€™t have any flights during this time, but it was posted on the BoM facebook group. Hopefully itā€™s helpful for some folks!

6 Likes

Confirmed! Thank you so much! This saved me $800 and saved my brother $1000.

1 Like

Yay!!! So glad you could take advantage! We saved like 10k points in May. (And a bunch of sleep.)

@Bozni do you think you could update the title again?

3 Likes