Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

I blurt out things too! And I misread situations all the time. As another dear friend once pointed out, it’s not all about me :sweat_smile:

End of the day, relax, you’re on vacation! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Thanks everyone. Especially @Bubblez @Julianne_fki and @vcka. Today has been fun but tough. We checked out of YC then headed to DS had a very nice lunch at D-luxe. Since then we have shopped window and otherwise. It’s been hot and crowds weren’t too bad at first. The heat makes me swell up and get cranky. We enjoyed red velvet cake from Gideon’s and have cookies for another time. Most places have people holding doors open but the m & m place didn’t and while trying to get out on my ECV on my own the pole shaped door handle scraped a good 4 inches on the top of my thigh. I only managed to say “ fudge it “ Instead of something else because of being a teacher. Lol. It hurt so much in the moment I almost started crying. Since then I’ve been teary for all sorts of reasons. We have gotten our room ready text from GF but now we have to wait for our 7:45 ADR at Raglan Road. I just want dinner and to be at our new hotel. We were supposed to RD tomorrow MK but I may change that. We did get some fun shopping done and enjoyed ourselves I’m just worn out. You all here are the best!!!

12 Likes

I wonder if it would have been easier to do a park on the transition day? Maybe not. I have been to Disney Springs a couple of times and just wanted to leave fast every time! Except for being at dinner, of course. Hope Raglan Road is good! If you haven’t already, see if you can bump up your reservation! They might be able to seat you sooner.

5 Likes

I’ve tried to bump up but nothing. I will ask once I check in. My main motivation was to avoid DS on the weekend. It’s a catch 22.

6 Likes

Yes, it is. Tomorrow is a new day! Hope you get settled in at the Grand Flo and have an epic sleep tonight. :sleeping_bed: :sleeping:

3 Likes

I have shipped stuff to my kids in college. Believe it or not, I ship a cooler filled with frozen goodies during the Winter and/or early Spring! I found Fed Ex much more reasonable priced than USPS and hardly any lines! UPS staff don’t seem to know what they are talking about. Store and staff dependent, I’m sure. The Fed Ex near my downtown office is so much more helpful than the one in my suburban town.

Make it easy for yourself!

5 Likes

I am so sorry! I hope your leg feels better. Enjoy your dinner at Raglan!

5 Likes

I’m so sorry you got hurt! The heat makes me cry without getting injured! I hope you have a wonderful time at Raglan Road!!!

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m sure it will eventually. It will turn beautiful colors though. I am nothing if not DH’s bruisable peach. Lol. Right now my body is a rainbow lol.

5 Likes

Dinner was delicious! We both had the shepherds pie and it was divine!!

Then off to the busses to get to the GF.

I think our pixie dust that the CM I worked with worked. Here’s our view off the balcony.

Had to call for our luggage but Michael, the CM who brought it up was well worth any wait!! He didn’t mention how many bags we had or how much anything weighed. He was exactly who we needed today!

The room is beautiful though older than the one at the YC obviously but location, location, location.

Tomorrow is MK/HS but not gonna try to RD. Our old beaten up bodies need some rest.

23 Likes

What a view! Sleep well, friend!

5 Likes

Awesome view! Glad your day ended on a high note!

4 Likes

Wow, amazing view! Enjoy!

4 Likes

What an an absolutely amazing view! I’m glad you made it to Raglan Road and loved it! I have it on our list for when we are in the world next week. I have never eaten there before and now am super excited to try it!
Sorry your leg got hurt. I hope it feels ok despite the rainbow it makes. What long fun filled days you’ve had on your epic trip! I hope you wake up fully rested to carry on with the epic-ness!

5 Likes

I’m sorry you got hurt! I did a similar thing on a handle in my own kitchen a couple of weeks ago and it’s still bruised and sore. I hope yours heals quicker!

Love the view!

4 Likes

Crazy day today - mostly good but I did manage to hurt my other leg. I’ll live. But will try to update in the morning. We are going to AK for the very first time and trying to start with FotLK 10:30 show.

9 Likes

Time for DH to break out the bubble wrap!

7 Likes

Enjoy AK!

2 Likes

We’re here too. In line for EE since we’ve already done Pandora. Maybe we’ll see ya today.

3 Likes

Yesterday MK day 1:
As we were putting on sunscreen outside our building we got to see a gorgeous white carriage being pulled by 4 beautiful white horses!! We assume there was a wedding but it really was quite a sight.

We took the new walkway to MK and was able to get this pic of “our room”.

Then on to MK!
We didn’t RD but still got there early enough. We got a DAS return for jungle cruise. Then got right on Pirates

and enjoyed one of my all time faves the Enchanted Tiki Room!! The back to Jungle Cruise. All before our 12:10 Liberty Tree Tavern lunch. We also got a DAS return for HM before lunch. The lunch was good. But overpriced mostly because we weren’t super hungry I think. Lunch should be offered for less or something. We also ordered the special slushy which was ok but not worth $6 each. We actually were seated in the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon which was fine. Our service was ok but slow. Like she asked if we needed anything more, we said no our plates were clean (for the main meal) and then she disappeared for much longer than I would have expected and then asked if we were ready for dessert. Then it was another long spell after we finished that before we got our check. We still enjoyed the lunch but it wasn’t everything it was hyped to be.

Then we went on HM and it did not disappoint!!! Not only still one of the best rides ever but also one of the best for accessibility and accommodations. I’ll do that info in another post.

We then got a DAS return for PPF and I will say that moving walkway needs replacing. I really felt unsafe getting on and off not only because they don’t offer to slow it down (not sure they can) but it is incredibly wobbly feeling. So be careful if you are a bit wobbly yourself.

The last thing we did was the PM and it was great!!! So love this ride. We were going to shot aliens but decided we were ready for a nap.

We headed back via monorail with just a bit of confusion as to which one :grimacing: and we were back at GF just fine.

More later, it’s time to head to AK.

18 Likes