Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

Yes. We could park them inside if we wanted and stand or take them up to the assembly area they just gave each of us 2 spots so we could sit sideways on them. It was really nice.

4 Likes

That’s great!

2 Likes

Made it on time ish to BnC!!

7 Likes

I’m always stressed but with my girls being late twice I can tell you they’ve been very accommodating

3 Likes

On my list! Can’t wait to hear what you thought!

1 Like

We really enjoyed it! I had the French Dip which was very good. I would say great except it had what I call a stealth pickle. That’s when the description does not say a pickle is served but then there it is and it’s juice is contaminating anything it can!!:scream: I’m actually surprised that Disney would do this because of all their allergy focus. Fortunately for them DH loves pickles, I’m not allergic I just HATE pickles and their juices and it didn’t contaminate much of the sandwich. I usually ask if there is a stealth pickle but I got used to the description matching what was brought. Not a big deal overall even if it is a major pet peeve usually. DH had the Reuben and said it was great!! He had fries, I had tator tots but only ate like 3 so I would have room for dessert!

DH had a banana split, something he hasn’t had in years! Loved it. Ate it all - barely.

I had the Snickers Sundae but replaced the hot fudge and marshmallow topping with caramel!! YUM!!

All the snickers bits were in the bottom and when the CM came over and asked how things were I said “ great I’m just hunting for the snickers bits, I think they must be in the bottom” . You all know what she did, but I was completely surprised when she brought over a little dish with more snickers chunks :heartpulse::blush:!

It was a nice little sprinkle of pixie dust!

Now I’m repacking so we can check out of YC and into GF tomorrow. Tomorrow is also DS day ending in dinner at Raglan Road.

16 Likes

I also despise hidden pickles! That banana split though… YUM!

2 Likes

Hahaha!! Love that term!! And I agree. Hate when pickle juice gets in stuff!

4 Likes

“You NO like-a da juice, ah?”

3 Likes

I am allergic, that would be a disaster for me - I like the terminology!

3 Likes

Well we have checked out of YC, had bell services pickup our insane amount of luggage and are now waiting for a bus to take us to DS!!

Is there a way to ship luggage home so you don’t have to take it with you?

7 Likes

I’m sure there is, but it’s probably cost prohibitive. On my old extreme cheapskate trips I used to pack a flat rate usps box in my suitcase and mail my dirty laudry to myself so I could pack all my luggage with souvenirs lol

7 Likes

I would like this 100 times if I could.

3 Likes

Yes!

Also YES!

I did ship back two small moving boxes worth of accumulated souvenirs/laundry/crud we didn’t want to lug on the plane. (one of which was the Disney train that circles my tree every Christmas!!)

See if your resort has a business center with a FedEX shipper (or equivalent) in it if you’re seriously asking.

3 Likes

We have had the train and monorail since the now 19yo was tiny. I can’t remember how we got them home. My MIL (would used to live locally) may have mailed it to us.

I initially got the monorail and then we picked up the train a year or so later. I swore to dh that I would put them around the tree on alternate years. I think the train has been set up once. I do really love that monorail! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes thanks!! Hopefully GF will have something. I’m tired of hearing “oh you have so many bags” and that was coming here. People do not know where we are going or what we are doing or what we need to accomplish those things. Mind your business and take my generous tip!! Ugh. I just get tired of being judged for one thing or another. Shipping at least some of our stuff home sounds ideal.

7 Likes

A person who will forever hold a spot in my heart once told me…

“You just flip that pretty hair of yours and pay them no mind. They are just looking for ways to tear you down to make you as miserable as they are.”

I’m still having to remind myself of that every day, but it has certainly helped my peace of mind when called on. I say the same thing to you in earnest.

Here’s a list of business centers and shipping services…hope it helps!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

6 Likes

I actually can’t remember if I got the monorail at some point. I know I really wanted one, but we ended up doing a crazy car track next to the train loop so I ran out of space. I don’t remember actually buying it, I just obsessed over it every time we go. One day.

4 Likes

I understand why you feel the way you do, but it may not be meant as a criticism. I have a tendency to blurt out random obervations such as - wow, you have a lot of bags! I wouldn’t mean it as criticism and would feel horrible to know it was taken that way! Just say - thank you! And smile as if you’ve been complimented. Either way they meant it, you win!

10 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: I love it. Make them think :thinking:

7 Likes