Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on GF!!! It looks so beautiful! And that view wow!

3 Likes

Our first view of @OBNurseNH ‘s tree.

We are in line for first showing of FotLK.

Priorities!

18 Likes

:::happy sigh:::

4 Likes

They moved to shaded queue area at about 9:45 and then inside at 10:10. Full looking but still some seats. I think you were interested in FotLK data, right?

3 Likes

Yes! I’m so torn about doing this. We’ll have to see how it goes and how the fam feels.

2 Likes

When I posted the tree pic we were about the 10-12 people in line for what that’s worth. We may also try to see it later this week but not the first showing. Happy to relay info if we do. Your information has helped so much on our trip.

4 Likes

Love the HM picture!

2 Likes

MK day 1 continued:
The monorail let’s off on the 2nd floor of the main GF building. We hadn’t been in there yet so we decided to take the long way around to the elevator. It’s gorgeous. As we wandered around there was an interesting display I was looking at that was on a table. I was going slowly but mostly looking at the display and accompanying wall pieces. When PAIN and PANIC happened. It took a moment to actually correctly respond and I think the ECV doesn’t react like you think in a panic. I had run into a leg of the table that stuck out. I tend to sit with my knees facing outwards like I’m sure many do on ECVs. My inner calf/knee got sandwiched between the leg and my leg. I actually had lines scored into it. It made my door mishap seem quaint. Also, it was witnessed by a very nice man and his three children. I think he said something like I saw it and are you ok. And once he intuited that I really needed to be without others around, he quickly and quietly ushered himself and his kids away.

We made it back to our room and DH eventually got someone to bring us some of those instant ice pack things. I elevated my leg best I could on the bed. It started swelling right away. DH got regular ice and then we napped.

The plan had been to hop to HS to finish shopping and getting photo pass pictures. We still did this but a little later start than originally planned. The nap felt good my leg looked colorful and we successfully finished going through the shops at HS and got some neat pictures. Evidently when you get photo pass pics in GE they include some nice shots of some of the things you might want to have but without people etc. it was a nice surprise. We left with the masses at closing and ended up having a late dinner at Gasparilla Island grill which was pretty good.

I currently have a huge bruise/swollen area on my upper calf so we are not even going to worry about FOP (we likely would have had issues anyway). I am truly colorful. One thing about having chronic pain is that you learn that there are certain things you just have to push through if you want to enjoy other things.

23 Likes

DH says he would be happy to if he could find some!!

3 Likes

Great pics! You might feel crummy, but you sure look happy! Let’s hope those are the last bumps and bruises of the trip.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness you poor thing!

3 Likes

We have made it to the Sacred Place @OBNurseNH DH just said that it’s almost as good as the Adventurers Club, which is high praise from him! And we haven’t even had anything but water yet!!

22 Likes

I’m so glad you’re already enjoying it :heart_eyes:

You guys are just too cute, by the way

8 Likes

I’ve just turned on the Nomad Lounge soundtrack
I’m needing a little Disney in my day and this is just the thing.
Raise a glass for me, will you? I’d give anything to be there right now.

9 Likes

19 Likes

OK I’ll have one later :smiley:

5 Likes

12 Likes

We did EE (wow was not prepared but survived lol) how much more intense is Dino in comparison?

4 Likes

It’s jerkier and louder.

5 Likes

I think Dino is much less. It’s not a roller coaster.

4 Likes