Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

Today how it started:

How it’s going:

24 Likes

Ooooh one of my faves!!!

Don’t forget the church lady deviled eggs!

5 Likes

Love your shirts! You look so happy!

2 Likes

Oh, no! Is it hot, or has the plan met with catastrophe? You were off to such a great start. I hope you’re refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day with a new outlook!

2 Likes

Love the shirts!

3 Likes

Brief report but will do more later. It was hot and very humid. One of the bus drivers even mentioned it. Lunch at Homecomin was very good and filling. Went back to be HS and went straight to MFSR with das return. I can’t express what boarding this ride meant. We got a car to ourselves and were both pilots. We both enjoyed it an actually did ok. However, during it I started to not feel good. I think with the humidity and full tummy it was not a good combination. I was done. We ended up not even using our BG :disappointed:. I took some Dramamine and we headed back to hotel. I’m now slowly getting up and feeling better after 3 hour nap. We are going to go to EP for some light festival food and maybe some shopping. I still had a wonderful day and DH was so understanding and helpful as he always is.

Don’t know when but I will continue with will report for today. I’m enjoying doing them so much.

12 Likes

So glad you are starting to feel better! I was a little worried!!! It is so much fun hearing about your trip!!!

5 Likes

Hearted for the all the feels when you actually boarded the Millennium Falcon! Supportive heart for the motion sickness. Glad you feel up to an evening at Epcot. Boy, that sounds nice. Wish I could go too!

8 Likes

Thanks :grin: I am feeling much better and tomorrow is a nice EP.

8 Likes

Thanks I almost started tearing up when we boarded. Little 10 year old me was having a dream come true.

10 Likes

Thanks for writing, it’s fun to follow along! Glad you are feeling better! I’m nervous for the star wars rides and motion sickness!

3 Likes

Aw bummer on feeling sick. Glad you’re doing better. Hope the evening is wonderful.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m feeling much better and we did have a lovely evening. :grin:

2 Likes

All of the other ones were fine!! Today was extra muggy which is always trouble for me, plus we had just had a big meal at Homecomin. I’m gonna write about some other factors that I think had something to do with it also. My DH had NO problems with motion sickness on it. I do have a wrist band thing and somewhere in my bag some less drowsy Dramamine that I couldn’t find at the time, just the regular. Also, don’t do on a full stomach.

4 Likes

The heat get to me too a lot to! That could definitely be a big factor.

I’ll need to remember Dramamine for my trip!

2 Likes

HS Day 2

We got a great BG!! But ultimately were not able to use it :disappointed:. We still have one more day Saturday to try again.

We actually RD!!! We were there right at 8 am when security opened and then the park opened at 8:15. We went straight to SDD to get a DAS return (line was crazy even then). Next ASS which we both loved an definitely will do again. The TSM the theming for all of TSL is amazing and a love letter to childhood. We both did pretty well considering we had never done it before. I got 99,000 something and DH got 73,000 something. We definitely need to go on that again! Last was SDD. Again we were put in the back row :woman_facepalming: I should have said something but was so excited I didn’t want to spoil the moment. It turned out ok and we both enjoyed it (we do have a soft spot for dachshunds since we had one for 10 years - he went to the rainbow bridge Feb 2020). Even though I was fine at the time I’m wondering if this could have “helped” me to have trouble on MGSR.

Before we headed out of the park we got a DAS return for MFSR. Then a stop at Trolley Car Cafe to test the Carrot Cake Cookie. YUMMY! I’m picky about carrot cake (thank my mom again) and this got a thumbs up from both of us. Will definitely be getting more. We both enjoyed the Wookie Cookie and they are actually two very different treats. However, if I could only have one it would be the carrot cake cookie.

12 Likes

HS Day 2 continued:

We journeyed to DS and has a wonderful(if not expensive) lunch. We had the fried chicken to share then sides of more mashed potatoes (ambrosia), French green beans (done just right) and Mac and cheese ( I actually liked the Pecos Bill’s one better ). The Mac was good but the cheese wasn’t. First, the cheese sauce inside was not a consistency that I really like though others may. Second, there was thick layer of cheese on top which should have been yummy but was so thick you could almost stand it on its side and was unappetizing to look at once you really took a look. Making melted cheese unappealing is not a good look. However, the chicken and the mashed potatoes were really good.

Then we headed back the HS. I’m going to end this tonight and finish it up tomorrow before we do our WS day because I’m very tired. I’m so glad people are enjoying reading my reports.

15 Likes

I liked the chicken but thought the mashed potatoes consistency was off. Too runny like they thinned them out too much.

1 Like

HS Day 2 continued: We got back to HS and decided to do MFSR first and then RotR. Oh earlier I helped a future liner out - teenage daughter was starting to be panicky about needing to be somewhere by a specific time. I took a chance and asked if it was BG for RotR. The mom said yes and I told them they could go anytime once their group had been called and they wouldn’t miss it. The stress level of the family went down noticeably!! I told mom I recognized the planner stress in the daughter because I’m the same and mom confirmed “she’s our planner”. :blush:
Back to MFSR. I cannot put into words what this meant to me. I saw the first SW at age 10 to say this was a dream come true is not sufficient. We got a pod to ourselves and we both chose pilots. I was LR DH UD. DH was annoyed they didn’t specify if the up down was inverted like in flight sims. Despite my not feeling good we did have a small profit. I think SDD back row earlier, heat, full tummy and having to watch the screen so intensely contributed to my issues. Next time I’ll choose gunner and close my eyes and just enjoy the sounds and see how that goes. DH will do LR so no confusion. Also, I will prepare with appropriate meds etc. Unfortunately we decided to skip RotR.

After that we limped back to the hotel and took a nap. After the nap I felt better and we decided to go to EP for a little bit. We each had the toasted pretzel bread at the festival booth in Germany. Yum! Then we stopped at the Werthers place and both a few treats to take with us. We also stopped so DH could take some pictures. We were going to the big Japanese department store but they close a 9 pm so instead we decided to see Impressions de France. We really enjoyed the movie it is so peaceful and beautiful a great way to end the day.

During this whole time my scooter was telling me it needed to be charged. It took inclines worse and worse and I ended up having DH help by letting me hang on to his to get some oomph. I got to the hotel it barely LOL. We should have charged them when we napped but I wasn’t capable of that at the time. They I got to read all the beautiful and caring messages from you all. Still a wonderful day.

14 Likes

Some pictures we took.

24 Likes