Epic Bucket List/25th Anniversary Trip Report DAS

Great pics!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you were feeling unwell, but am glad to read that you were still able to enjoy the day to a degree!

2 Likes

EPWS - pouring rain going on about an hour supposed to last maybe 30 more minutes.

6 Likes

EP WS

A little later start but not bad. We had lunch at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop about 11:30 am. The fish and chips were really good but they weren’t the best thing about this meal. Navigating with ECVs can be very tricky. Disney tries to make things easy but with covid stuff too sometimes things get overlooked. Also, while the ride CM are really well trained in what can and can’t be done in an ECV, sometimes food service are a little lacking in understanding. Handing a person in an ECV a tray with multiple items on it including two glasses of ice water without lids is a recipe for a mess in the best of circumstances. Fortunately for us this wonderful couple offered to help us in the nicest most persistent but non offending way. They took our trays to a table and when we were done before we could do it ourselves they offered to take our trays etc. to the trash. They were wonderful. All I know about them is this act of kindness and grace to us and that she’s a fan of Princess Leia (based on her t-shirt). Knowing there are people like this in the world gives me a little hope.

27 Likes

EP WS continued

Next we headed to Beauty and the Beast sing a long which lots of fun. Then a scoop at the French ice cream shop. We wandered through Morocco admiring the tile work.

Then we spent some time at the Japanese department store and bought a couple of small items. Japanese shaved ice was the next treat. I find it interesting that so many cultures have a both a doughnut/fried dough with sugar and a shaved ice with flavoring. We skipped Italy and planned to go back but that didn’t happen. We wanted one (each) of the big delicious pretzels in Germany. When we were just about done it started to rain about 3:40 ish. We took cover in the Stein Store nearby. We had cheap plastic rain ponchos and umbrellas. But again in an ECV you want to try to keep the motor covered.

Then we decided to make our way to the Reflections of China movie which we again enjoyed and I was surprised fewer people were taking refuge there. Then I needed a bathroom so it was off to Norway. The Norway bathrooms have a sort of tunnel entrance so many people were hanging out there. Supposedly the rain was going to stop in 30 minutes :rofl::rofl::rofl: nope! It did stop for a bit about 5 though.

Stopped at a shop on the way to Mouse Gear. At both places there were several things I could have purchased but I’m trying to be very picky since at home I’m trying to get rid of excess things.

Then we gave Space Mission Green and after yesterday I was a little nervous but I didn’t need to worry. I loved it, it was beautiful and way too short.

Dinner was at Sunshine Seasons and we of course then had to ride Soarin again. Finally, got the Orange Bird cup and headed back to hotel. Thanks to the rain no TT but DH is completely fine with that.

Sorry this isn’t as detailed but I’m ready to
to go to sleep tomorrow is our last day at HS.

17 Likes

Sounds like a good day! Have fun at HS!

3 Likes

Have a great HS day and :crossed_fingers:t2:For ROTR!!!

3 Likes

Best one yet!

27 Likes

Yes!!

4 Likes

Have a great day! It has been fun reading your trip report yesterday and today. It’s exciting to be caught up and know that I can check in later to see how today is going. Boarding group looks awesome! Since you’ve been able to get one every day you tried, maybe you can share the method that has worked for you. I.e.- WiFi/phone data, time keeping methods, etc.

6 Likes

26 Likes

Happy faces!

2 Likes

Yesterday was another good day. Today is a much needed rest day. I’ll update about yesterday in a bit.

8 Likes

YAY for a good day and a rest day!!!

2 Likes

Mostly we followed @bebe80 instructions.

I practiced twice before coming.
Our hotel had good cell reception so we could try there, good cell reception is key.
Turned off WiFi each time.
I logged out and logged back in to MDE.
It was just me and DH and twice I think we both got it.
From Home Screen scroll down to the RotR/virtual queue block.
About 6:56 hit join queue. It will have a screen saying the next queue is a 7 am.
Did not use time.gov because too much to do with only 2 people.
When our phones said 6:59 am we just started pulling to refresh over and over until we saw join. Then clicked that and done without worrying about anything else.
That’s it. We got 3 BG all lower than 100. YMMV I hope this helps someone as @bebe80 really helped us!!!

10 Likes

I have not read the instructions in full, maybe, but I’ve seen this now twice and don’t know what it means. Pull to refresh? I click the “Join” button from the home page. Where would I be if I were pulling to refresh and looking for a join button to appear?

You pull down the page from the top to refresh the page.

1 Like

right.

but on which page?

if i’m on the home page, the join button is just there and i click it.

Hi OB! Don’t use the join from the home page. From home page, click on the three lines on bottom right, then virtual queues, then join virtual queue. You can then do the pull down method from here.

1 Like

I’m confused by this also. I’ve been hitting join from the home page when I practice.

1 Like