Emotional Support Animals at WDW

the Walmart in Long Beach CA back in 2013. :astonished:

Cop at the door. Shelves looked as tho stock was never made orderly - quite a lot wasn’t even on the shelves. When we asked where the luggage tags might be the associate had no idea what a luggage tag was.
It was a busy store. Lots of customers, interestingly of many different economic levels, apparently.

We were glad to leave. With luggage tags. :blush:

2 Likes

There’s the rub.

1 Like

Yeah, our Walmarts in the area are yuck. And I would never go to either of them at night. We only go there when absolutely necessary, which is very infrequent. We shop at our regional grocery store, BJ’s, Lidl and Target. Apps are great for pricing things out before you get to the store.

2 Likes

You should come to a NH Walmart!

1 Like

Nice or scary?

1 Like

White trashy (I hope that doesn’t offend)

I’m right on the border MA / southern NH and there are a special Type of people in that wal-mart. Granted I’ve only been in there once in 10 years but that was too many.

3 Likes

Come in your jammies.
Bring your animals.
Take the entire extended family with you.
Don’t shower.

4 Likes

Does your Walmart have a pickup option? I get stuff that way (for better prices) and never have to go inside.

4 Likes

Probably. But I think they charge more.
And I can deal with it. I just don’t enjoy the trips like I did in NY. Like - if I needed a little air, I’d run to Walmart for things and also browse. It was every bit as nice as Target.

1 Like

I always thought that was redundant when speaking of the WalMart aura :rofl:

6 Likes

Nope. fuck Walmart.
The people in them around here are trashy. They’re dirty.
And I don’t like to give money to companies that actively crush small businesses.
I will drive 20 minutes out of my way and pay more rather than give money to businesses that don’t align with my values.
No Walmart.
No Chick Fil A
No Hobby Lobby.

4 Likes

I’m very offended that it’s 2022 and people still casually throw around the term “white trash”.

Please use “white recyclables” instead, thanks.

14 Likes

Those are the folks at Target, maybe?

9 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Yes! As a family of 6, Walmart grocery pickup is the way to go. We also shop Sam’s Club (another evil Walmart corp) b/c no Costco, BJs, non-sketchy Aldi, Target grocery, or Trader Joes within 60 miles of us.

I used to enjoy (maybe not “enjoy”) watching the people at Walmart but now I will watch from my car in the pickup spot.

2 Likes

I love animals (more than people, obviously, except spiders) yet I eat them.

I decided I couldn’t (or didn’t want to) become a vegan. Instead I’ve made the effort to only buy meat and dairy products from businesses that have high animal welfare standards. This definitely costs more. But I couldn’t look my dog in the eye if I didn’t.

I sometimes dream of visiting Disney parks in other countries. But I don’t think my conscience would allow me to visit China. It struggles enough with visiting the USA. I could never go to somewhere like Dubai.

I am also a little troubled by the amount of flying I do, at least recently. I think I make my peace with it by noting that I do zero driving and I haven’t made the environmentally catastrophic decision to have children. (That should rile you all up.)

There are people who boycott UOR because of JK Rowling. I don’t know where I am with that issue. To be honest, I think I would be unlikely to boycott UOR. Though I do “boycott” places like Chick Fil A. (Which is not a remotely difficult thing for me to do.)

I was relieved to confirm that Now TV (a streaming service I subscribe to in order to watch House of the Dragon and The Gilded Age) is no longer owned by Rupert Murdoch.

I use a number of Meta products, but I don’t pay for them and I don’t support their advertisers. I’m not sure how integral a position that is, actually. I “need” Facebook and WhatsApp professionally.

You eat spiders?

1 Like

My policy on spiders is this:

They are welcome to share my home. However the penalty for one of them being seen by me is death.

Actually, I’ve noticed I’ve become less arachnophobic as I’ve grown older. There’s a spider living in my shower at the moment and I’m OK with that. I think he’s made a poor choice, but I’m not going to interfere.

There was a spider on the other side of my study window last year. He was there for weeks. We became friends. I worried that he never found a girlfriend. I haven’t seen him since the winter.

All this being said, my tolerance is size-dependent. But my method of execution is a kind one. I apply a large book to the wall where the spider is hanging out. The book is applied to the wall at tremendous speed and substantial force.

There are circumstances where I would consider it rational to burn my house down if there were a spider of sufficient size living in it. You know, to be sure.

7 Likes

So he was your emotional support spider?

6 Likes

I guess he was. It was during lockdown. It was a lonely time.

I wonder why he’s disappeared. Do you think it was something I said?

3 Likes