EE Yeti

I showed my DH a ride video of EE to see if we think the girls (will have just turned 5) would be ready for a ride of that magnitude. Of course the girls wanted to watch too and believe the Yeti is a Wampa. Now one of them MUST ride the “Star Wars Wampa” ride, one of them is unsure, and the other says no way because the Yeti/Wampa would get her. I think I’ve read that the Yeti doesn’t move anymore. Anyone with recent experience? The video was a couple years old at least and I want to manage expectations.

2 Likes

The Yeti has not moved in years. They do use flashing lights to give the illusion of movement.

2 Likes

Great! Thanks @PrincipalTinker!

#DiscoYeti
#WeLoveJoeRohdeAnyway

6 Likes

I have thought about this a lot. I remember when the Yeti moved. I do not want them to shut EE down for months and months to fix it!

3 Likes

Just an additional FYI: if it matters to your girls: There is a silhouette animation away from the animatronic yeti that displays on the wall in one of the places where you stop. It shows the Yeti tearing the track up…

4 Likes

We rode this several times last week, and first you see the silhouette Yeti tearing the track up, but then the large brown 3D animatronic definitely appears later on in the ride, reaches down for you, growls and and gnashes his teeth. He wasn’t there last year (summer 2018) but definitely there now!!

2 Likes

Doesn’t move. For real.

1 Like

or maybe I fell for the flashing light illusion…hmmmmm…I definitely thought he moved!

1 Like

Here’s an example from January of this year. The disco effect is easy to fall for! (Around 2:45.)

3 Likes

Here’s one where the Yeti is working for comparison (about 3:05).

1 Like

Is there a difference in Barf Bag ratings between these two vids?

1 Like

I have ridden both when the Yeti was working and when it wasn’t. Obviously better before, but you go past it so quickly, it isn’t a huge loss. I can understand Disney not bothering to go to the work of fixing it.

1 Like

wow! we must have ridden this 10 times and every time I though he was moving!! Never even considered it was an illusion. still love this ride!

2 Likes

I don’t remember if I read it on here or somewhere else, but i think the problem is the foundation or the structure for the yeti is cracked. It is separate from, but completely surrounded by the mountain, and will require them to dismantle a significant amount of the structure to get to it. I’m guessing as someone else said many months down to do it. I’m sure there will be a long enough refurb at some point to do it.

3 Likes

Yes. That is pretty accurate. It isn’t just about fixing the Yeti itself.

1 Like

I believe the Yeti works but there is structural damage.

2 Likes

I can see I will not escape my reputation. First impressions matter people! :joy:

3 Likes

Okay, I just have to ask…

Did you sprinkle pixie dust on those videos to make them magically start playing at 2:40 and 3:00, respectively instead of from the beginning? :fairy:

Or is my phone (or mobile browser) so creepily aware of the text on this page that it “read” the captions and automatically advanced the videos for me? :flushed:

I need to know whether to be impressed or weirded out.

1 Like

And second, and tenth, and a hundreth!

2 Likes