Eating my way through WDW Outside the Parks?

Ma’am (and I can say that now, cuz I finally realize you’re not a dude), the vacuum sealer is not a toy and the bags may pose a suffocation risk if it is used as such.

5 Likes

This is what I found about a walk-up menu. It only has Shine cake, not hummingbird cake (at least in 2017 when this article was written).

1 Like

Guy, that may as well be from prehistoric times by now.

It’s a Brave New World, don’tcha know?

4 Likes

Ha ha, fair point. I can’t find anything more recent, so I would assume no hummingbird cake until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

2017 seems like an eternity ago.

5 Likes

You are really milking this one!

Don’t worry about the suffocation! No children will be with us and we would more likely suffocate from overeating than from the little vacuum bags!

3 Likes

Alright but don’t say I didn’t warn you…

(this has been a public service announcement)

3 Likes

If nobody else chimes in, I will test it out the take out window when I’m there next month.

2 Likes

I also think someone mentioned on another thread that you can Homecomin delivered to your resort room through UberEats or DoorDash.

2 Likes

Anything prior to March 17, 2020 seems like a long time ago.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I can do a delivery of cake but not fried chicken and deviled eggs.

2 Likes

Really? That’s sad. The deviled eggs and fried chicken are the reasons to eat there.

2 Likes

I know someone who can fly a whole hummingbird cake from her home to another location halfway across the country (and does a very fine job of it). It will definitely survive delivery.

I agree for sure about fried chicken.

Deviled eggs would be okay though

2 Likes

Their fried chicken is delicious but I like my fried chicken right out of the fryer.

I might be able to do the eggs delivered. We’ll see.

1 Like

I’m impressed. I’m too lazy to cook something like fried chicken.

1 Like

Or I can try to do a walk up/waitlist. It sounds like I might be able to do that say like at 3 pm on Thursday.

2 Likes

I can deep fry my chicken, which I do several times a year. Please don’t report me to the cholesterol police! But I can also eat it at a restaurant.

I don’t like my fried chicken cold, soggy, or lukewarm. I love how crunchy it is when it is hot!

2 Likes

That would be hypocritical of me.

Yuck. Agree.

2 Likes

So: the walk-up window is for drinks and not really where you should go to order food to take away. Your best bet for that is at the bar. Just keep in mind that, unless you’re there right when Homecoming opens, the bartenders are going a mile a minute and a little patience and courtesy goes a long way (not that they, in my personal experience, aren’t all great people).

You should be able to order pretty much anything off the menu. I’ve seen people get sizable orders. If there’s an empty spot at the bar, sit and have a drink, as that not only helps pass the time but makes it easier for the bartender to know where you are and hand off the food more quickly. It will come quickly, as the Homecoming kitchen is about the best I’ve ever seen at getting food out to customers. When the food arrives and you pay, don’t forget a few extra spondulicks for the bartender, who will split that with the food runner.

5 Likes

Ludicrous. Disgusting.

4 Likes