Early Theme Park Entry Replaces Extra Magic Hours

We did GG for the first time last trip and I loved it!

1 Like

If you were on the Dining Plan, the BOG breakfast was one QS credit. That was a good value.

2 Likes

We were on the dining plan and I thought it was a waste of a credit.

:sob: what’s GG?

1 Like

Garden Grill - in The Land

3 Likes

My DS11 would say it means “Good Game.” :wink:

2 Likes

I would do BOG PPO every time I could if I was on the dining plan. For location the value of that credit is amazing.

3 Likes

(EDIT: quoting the RIGHT post this time. durrrr)

whaaaaaaaat? It cleared a $30 breakfast. Yes, way over priced, but if you were going to pay it anyway, it was fantastic. And I liked their bacon egg and cheese croissant or baguette (prefer the baguette m’self, but the croissant wasn’t bad either).

The rest of it…ehhh yeah, not so good.

2 Likes

None of us really cared for our meals. We had FP for 7DMT for another day, so riding wasn’t that big of a deal. BTMRR is our favorite coaster at MK. Now if we could use BOG breakfast to ride that several times, I think we would have sucked up the blahness of the meal.

Now BOG lunch we did like.

I don’t know about you guys. But, I find this news thrilling. Universal does something similar, although usually just for one park. You let everyone in up a point, and then let those that show the proper thing get beyond that point.

Pre-lockdown the only on-site benefit that I was interested in was the free MB, and maybe possibly the dining plan for a few days. We drive and planned on avoiding the crowded EMH parks. Original plan was to stay for a two nights at a value, Get our bands, and chow down for three days on the dining plan, then moving offsite. The new early entry option is the only reason on-site is one of my reservations for our Jan 2022 trip.

3 Likes

Can anyone remind me what morning EMH at MK looked like after they opened main street early and discontinued the train Welcome Show? (Which…RIP Welcome Show, we will miss you and want you back).

Were they letting everyone on main street at the same time and then only letting resort guests past the hub?

1 Like

Do all those people know there is not much to do at Epcot these days??? And I say that as someone who has historically loved Epcot. It was a unique and amazing park in '80s. I am disappointed that my kids may never be able to experience a theme park like that.

2 Likes

I wonder how that’s going to work.
There’s no way that RD crowd wasn’t filling the entrance 1/2 hour before opening.

Will there be an OSGC (On-Site Guest Catapult) to launch me and my family over the riffraff and into the park?

4 Likes

Really?

• The Land, including Soarin’, Living with the Land, and the Awesome planet movie (forget the name)
  • The Seas, including the Nemo ride, the aquarium in general, and Turtle Talk.
  • Mission:Space orange and green (and once open, the activities in the exit area)
  • Test Track (although, admittedly not much fun at the moment).
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Figment Ride (and, when open, the activities in the building)
  • Frozen Ever After
  • The Boat in Mexico
  • The movie in China
  • The movie in Canada
  • Two DIFFERENT shows in France (including Beauty and the Beast), and very soon, Remi
  • The American Adventure
  • Not to mention all the World Showcase stuff to look at in general
  • And not to mention…all the eats!

The “big hole in the middle” of Epcot really didn’t have anything to do, so it isn’t a loss. It was shopping and eating, both of which you can still do plenty of. (Now, if you are lamenting the loss of things like Innoventions…while that is true, it was a very very small part of EPCOT.)

We no longer have Universe of Energy…but GotC will be open next year.

There is a LOT to do at Epcot. More than you can do in a day. We did two days there, and still didn’t get it all done. Not even close.

2 Likes

Separate lines to get in perhaps? And then designated points with magic band / phone / KTTW card readers.

It worked at the Hub at MK, it can work elsewhere too.

1 Like

Universal is an hour though, that would be better.

5 Likes

I agree. 30 minutes is nothing.

4 Likes

Soarin’, Test Track, FEA and Living with the Land are fun. My kids enjoy the Three Caballeros. Remi will be a welcome addition. Food at Epcot is great. But other than those:

Figment Ride - Perhaps the worst ride in Orlando. I have made better rides for my kids in my basement.

Spaceship Earth - It was one of my favorites, but now In dire need of an update.

Living Seas and Mission Space - Big downgrades from what they used to be.

No more Wonders of Life Pavilion.

The shows are ok but nothing special (haven’t seen Beauty and the Beast or the show in the Land).

We still spend a day in Epcot, but it is not what is used to be. Hopefully that will change.

1 Like

Sad, but true!

1 Like

At Volcano Bay it is 30 minutes, and it’s not enough, especially since they let everyone through security and tapstiles so you’re still dealing with the same crowd until the “rope,” so by the time you make it through all that the 30 minutes is practically up.

1 Like