Early Theme Park Entry Replaces Extra Magic Hours

I thought someone wrote (past two days) they are doing more traditional RD where ppl are allowed into pk early but then wait behind ropes inside the park. Jaminators would entertain in the past at EC. I’ve only done two RD the traditional way and I want nothing to do w/ that ever again. It felt scary and dangerous. A CM actually warned the group that DS and I were in at HS that once the group starts moving there is no changing course and to hang on to your loved ones so you don’t loose them. He then asked if everyone was going to SD and one soul said ST and the CM promptly said, “Come w/ me to another location b/c this group will keep you from your destination”. My DS grabbed me when the RD’d and the group moved in mass and said, “Don’t let go!” I was truly frightened. Won’t ever DO that again! The virtual BGs for RotR prevented mass tramplings :wink: I prefer to avoid being trampled.

4 Likes

You could make the argument that the new system that WDW is going to be starting in the fall, where all parks open 1/2 hour earlier for on-site guests will lessen the RD crowds.

Might end up with two smaller less crowded RD’s, one for on-site guests, followed later by off-site guests.

2 Likes

The RD I described was on EMH; all crazy

2 Likes

But that was for one park only with EMH.

Under the new system early RD for on-site guests will spread out over all four parks.

4 Likes

I see what you are say! I hope you are correct. But all the parks have at least one popular ride that ppl try to RD for. I read a comment in that Tweet post, “Ppl actually RD for TT?!?” :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve only done RD a couple of times, once at MK and the other at AK.

There are always going to be crazies pushing the limits, but hopefully they will be more spread out over all parks and times.

1 Like

I really do hope you are correct!!! and I do like the idea of early entry at all parks for resort guests rather than scheduled days.

2 Likes

Not me. :frowning:
No more PPO breakfasts. :weary::weary::weary:

7 Likes

Yes this is very upsetting.

1 Like

PPO? my decoder ring is broke… oh wait I didn’t get one :wink:

Pre park opening, or what we used to call pre RD.

Oh… you don’t think you’ll be able to get ADRs b4 pk opening anymore?

Epcot is going to be the worst since park opening is 11am. I’ve been at rope drop at 9am at Epcot and it was not that crowded walking back to Test Track. They need to shift the opening time back to 9am.

5 Likes

They might once they are fully staffed and capacity is up to 100% again.

They could offer an 8am ADR for an 8.30 early opening, but you’d lose the advantage of being able to eat and then be first in line.

4 Likes

I see, but I also remember there being 0700 ADRs available in the past too. Am I remembering correctly?

or was it 0730?

1 Like

Resorts have earlier breakfast but I’ve never seen pre 8am in parks.

2 Likes

Gross

It was so nice walking into the park without being shoulder to shoulder with strangers

2 Likes

That crowd makes it look like they have the same number of people as a typical day pre pandemic. Parks may have been open 100% capacity, but they weren’t filled (except at Christmas).

2 Likes

My favorite PPO meal is GG at Epcot. I hope it comes back by my trip in November. We tried BOG and it was great to get on 7DMT, but the food was overpriced and not that good.

2 Likes