Early Theme Park Entry Replaces Extra Magic Hours

I’m trying to remember if there was early entry when we went. I’m pretty sure there was, we arrived shortly before 7.30 - we missed the first bus - and there were only about 50 people ahead of us, and it was still pretty empty when we left around 10.45. I definitely didn’t realise we only got 30 mins advantage.

1 Like

When we were there opening was 10am, so a 9:30am early entry isn’t much of an advantage by that point. Almost everyone can get out of bed by 9! :joy:

2 Likes

I was thinking it was probably earlier opening for us in mid August :joy:

1 Like

I just want to say that y’all are scaring me with all this talk of rope drop being a stampede. I haven’t been to WDW in 15 years, and I went to one park on an EMH day before I learned to avoid those like the plague. There were a couple of times when rope drop was a little iffy – in the MK, going toward BTMRR and Splash, that was a wild crowd, but the CM’s kept the people from running, and at HS I remember a bit of a running-with-the-bulls vibe on the way to ToT – but it wasn’t a real crowd on regular days. There were maybe 40-100 people. Maybe.

Should I re-set my expectations to a different crowd animal altogether?

1 Like

Yes, yes you should.

2 Likes

Well, that’s disappointing.

2 Likes

Something to keep in mind is that with the extra 30 minutes across all parks, there will no longer be a mass of people choosing to go to that park over another park. So, the early-entry crowd should be more spread out.

6 Likes

Which means the more favored parks will always be a crowded hot mess. i.e. HS is always booked, their pk res are the first to disappear.

1 Like

Wow. 5 Hearts. Do y’all know Ryan is a heartbreaker. He takes all your hearts, but he never hearts you back? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

I feel like the official 30 minute early entry is going to turn into an unofficial 45 minute early entry. Just sayin. We shall see.

4 Likes

That would be a nice benefit … as long as the park doesn’t then open 15 minutes prior to official opening for non-resort guests.

5 Likes

Love your passion for Epcot :hugs:
I agree there is a lot to do. I just wish world showcase wouldn’t get so crowded and hot in the afternoons…

1 Like

It has always been my favorite park. I do agree it has lost its vision over the years. But still love it. I am excited to see it with the new vision when complete!

3 Likes
4 Likes