Early 2025 Itineraries

Disney has released some (I don’t think all?) of the first half of 2025 itineraries. The Treasure’s have been released already. Boy are they milking those private islands!

It’s interesting that it was noted on TwitterX that there are very few 7 night itineraries and they are mostly repositioning cruises. So no regular 7 night trips. My theory is that this helps their price point image. They don’t want to see $10,000 cruise for a family of 4 plastered around the headlines. It’s a bummer though because 4 felt really short. Maybe 5 would be good enough but there aren’t a ton of those either.

7 Likes

I think this is all itineraries for Jan-May. On a year where they’re not adding a new ship the pattern has been to release 3 times a year in blocks of Jan-May, May-Sept & Sept-Jan. Disney only has one ship that does dedicated 7 night sailings (was the Fantasy but will be the Treasure when that takes off). Other than that the other ships will only do 7 night sailings during holidays or spring break season etc.

Personally, I was so happy to see them bring a ship to San Diego for March-May! Was worried when there was no ship in San Diego for Fall 2024 that they would stop forever. We’ve already got the Treasure booked for Feb 2025 so we might not book anything quite yet from this release, but DSIL has a placeholder credit and the sailings through March 2025 are her last chance to get to use it, so I might kick the tires on doing a family cruise again if we all can swing it again by then.

2 Likes

@lolabear_la do you know if Disney provides bus transport to Ft Lauderdale? I was just perusing the early 2025 itineraries to infer the most likely cruises we would sail on in October 2025 (assuming a similar pattern) and it looks like a lot of the ones we would choose might be out of Lauderdale. But if we have to arrange our own transport there I might do one of the Canaveral cruises even if it’s not ideal timing.

2 Likes

Ft. Lauderdale is a very new port for Disney (like I don’t think they’ve even sailed from it yet? Or just started to in the last month or so), so I’ve not yet come across info for it. But Miami is close by and I can tell what they do for Miami: bus transport can be added from the airport (and it was from either Ft. Lauderdale airport or Miami airport) or one of a select few of the hotels they offer to book in Miami through DCL. A lot of other hotel options will have a cruise port shuttle though, but that you would have to arrange with the hotel outside of reservations with DCL.

If you’re looking for transportation from Orlando though, they do not provide transportation from there to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. There is the Brightline train though that does go to Ft. Lauderdale (and I think by now does also go to Miami, but it didn’t when we were first looking so I never followed up on if that finished).

2 Likes

Oh this is was I meant. And I’m not sure the Brightline will be convenient enough for our family with four kids. But I’ll think about it.

1 Like

I agree, which is why I didn’t pay attention to what date it actually opens(ed?). So many people told me to book a quick flight, and I was like, for a 3.5 hour drive? What kind of drive is it to Miami? :rofl:

2 Likes

Umm great point, so I have to just BOOK by October 2025 or do I have to sail by then? If I just booked my placeholder two weeks ago.

2 Likes

Sail by. And they are exact in the dates too. So you have to start your sailing on or before the 2 years it tells you have on the day you book it.

2 Likes

Oh ok, good to know! So I do need to pay attention to these. I want to see the Norway sailings in the summer.

2 Likes

Going off of Disneycruiseblog.com the next release for the summer 2025 itineraries is expected around March 2024 but could be out as early as late Feb or as late as April. So yes definitely be paying attention from end of Feb on until they release them!

3 Likes

I really wish that the Wish or the Treasure would do something more interesting than the standard quick Caribbean jaunts!

2 Likes

You could do the shorter ones back to back- and use the days for extra time on the ship to get more Open Houses at the amazing Oceaneer Club (seriously, I DH is so jealous of the kids club and is sad he’s not 12 years old to do all the Wish Oceaneer Club stuff).

Also, I’ve not yet done it, but the 7 night Eastern itineraries on the Treasure (and the Fantasy) look really good to me, especially the few with stops in San Juan. But also I’m weird & excited to get back to Nassau to actually explore a little (it was just too hot the one time we’ve been so far so I couldn’t ask my heat-intolerant crew to indulge me for walking around with no aim or real plan for longer than just to get off the ship & grab one specific snack I wanted). So other ports seem even more beautiful & I’ve yet to travel to an island I wasn’t happy to be at.

This would probably be my number one option right now. For some reason a back to back just doesn’t really appeal to me. My neighbors have done a bunch though (hence the gold lanyards).

2 Likes

We wound up deciding to do back to back when we were trying how to work out getting DS12 (who will be 13 in July) maximum amount of time on the Wish’s kids club (he’s a big Marvel fan & the WDI Imagineering design a roller coaster lab is also right up his alley).

We started off looking at the two cheapest 4 nights from Jan-July that included at least one day off of school. Then it turned into, well if we compromise and do a 3 night just before or after the 4 night, then we only have to pay for flights out to Florida once and get 7 nights. And then we left it at that for a bit but DH was looking at the kids club stuff on the Wish again with DS12 and came back to looking at adding more time. We were already looking for a short/doable sailing (maybe out of San Diego) anytime we could squeeze it in 2024 so that by the time we go on the Treasure in Feb 2025 we would be Gold.

So he had me compare the cost of all the sailings we were maybe looking at out San Diego vs. adding another 3 nights to the back to back on the Wish. And it was only about $600 more (for all six of us) to do the extra days on Wish so DH, said, let’s do it. And so here we are, doing that back to back (to back) nonsense to bump us to Gold and max out DS12’s kids club time before he’s too big.

3 Likes

:sob: :sob: not possible! Damn I guess I will have to use that placeholder soon…

2 Likes

I guess if you go during an Open House like Deb did that you can at least get your 13-year-old into the space and try some of the activities.

1 Like

This is a very realistic option as well and they do Open Houses at hours when not a lot of kids will be in the Kids Club too. I was looking at some Navigators for the Wish 3 day sailings and it looks like they’ll have general Marvel character appearances and an open house at least in that area for at least 2 hours in the morning.

2 Likes

I was more thinking of him outgrowing WANTING to be in the club. :cry:

2 Likes

:hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil: such a sad, sad thought! unless mine goes through a major personality shift in the next 9 months (possible with teenage hormones) he will age out before he no longer wants to be there.

2 Likes

Asking a general question - I am considering cruising - not sure I’ll follow through on it. With DCL, it is 20% down and you can cancel up to 60 days before your trip with full refund, right? Are there other fees I should be aware of?

3 Likes