Early 2015 Room Only discounts

Is thia normal for it to roll right up to the previous promos’ end date? Anxiously anticipating!!!

In prior years, it’s been somewhere around 10/3 to 10/10, I believe.

Newbie here. I see y’all talking about getting on the phone for discounts the day they come out as though they’ll disappear as soon as they open. I see that the specials for October are still available. What am I missing that y’all are so savvy about?

I currently have a pop century standard room reservation. I’m hoping that the discount will allow me to either save enough money to afford a dining plan, or upgrade the room and/or resort. Am I dreaming?

1 Like

It’s not so much about being savvy. And, no, you’re not dreaming (well, you might be dreaming, but what you write is reasonable. If that’s the case, you’re very articulate for a sleeping person). It’s just knowing that when discounts are offered, there is always a limited supply of discounted rooms. The room you’re looking for may have plenty of availability or very limited availability. I’m guessing that, like me, the people following this thread aren’t willing to take the chance that our room discounts, if available at all, will run out by the time we call. Rack rate is just way too expensive for me.

3 Likes

Yawn. Oh, was I typing in my sleep again?

Thanks cgulls. For my expectations, are you suggesting camping out on the site at midnight every night, like on ticketmaster waiting for U2 tickets? Or just checking in once a day and jumping on it when their posted?

(I’m loving this process of planning my first family trip to the world, but it sure is a little crazy-making)

2 Likes

@thechindo, usually the discounts start at 7 am eastern. The liner TAs are super nice about posting the discounts as soon as they come out. I’ll be checking chat and the forum every morning in the next few weeks. When is your trip? Do you have a Disney Visa?

2 Likes

Thanks @scrapper1617. Our trip is 1/8-1/13/2015. No Disney Visa. Was denied yesterday. Boo.

1 Like

I’m going 1/6 - 1/14. We also went Jan of this year. We were able to get a room only discount of 20% at POP. We did a split stay at AOA Lion King and we got 15% off there. No guarantees that the same discounts will come out, but I’m crossing my fingers!

1 Like

Woohoo! Then we’re both crossing our fingers. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Regarding limited room availability - this is more an issue the “higher up” you go in terms of room rates. There are far fewer discounted rooms available at the Contemporary than at Pop, for example. So stalking the discounts is more of an issue if you’re looking for rooms within the more limited categories of availability.

4 Likes

Nothing today. I actually got the same phone CM I got yesterday. I was thinking I recognized her name and she said, “didn’t I speak with you yesterday?” I told her I’d asked for her specifically. :smile:

4 Likes

I have a package with parkhoppers, but I’m thinking of dropping the tix because I can get them cheaper elsewhere. Do you think I can drop the tickets to make it a room-only reservation to take advantage of the upcoming January discounts?

Or more directly, will they make me start up a new reservation because it’s no longer a MYW package?

Nothing today.

1 Like

@cgulls, thanks for the update! Today is the last day for the fall discount, so maybe we’ll see something Monday?? I can’t remember if the offers were back to back last year.

I would wait on that. Last year there was a ‘stay, play, dine’ package that required tickets, etc… If a room only discount comes out, then I would change to a RO reservation instead of a package and get your tickets elsewhere… but if they do a package discount that may well end up being a better deal. I definitely would NOT buy tickets elsewhere until you see what options Disney offers for discounts.

2 Likes

This is exactly why I asked! This is my first time dealing with hotels in WDW, so I need the help of those who know.

Thanks Master Gracy or whoever you are. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy to help :smiley: Yeah, some of the package discounts require that you purchase tickets directly through disney. We usually do anyways, to be honest. We have never found an option that saves more than a couple of dollars and its usually not worth the risk/hassle to me versus buying them through the wdw website directly.

Have you seen this? Shows past discounts: Historical Disney World Discounts - MouseSavers.com

Anything that isn’t a % off the room is likely to require a ticket purchase w them.

1 Like

Genius!

2 Likes

FINALLY! Someone recognizes my genius!!! :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you @cgulls. You’re doing your country and your TP buds a great service. This first-timer is especially grateful.

1 Like